- US Assistant Trade Representative called on the Foreign Minister
- Police stationed in Maafushi prison since last night
- Can’t postpone death penalty due to lack of law- Home Minister
- Contract signed for building coastal protection structures at Faresmaathodaa
- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
- If prisoners escape due of govt neglect then Nasheed’s regime is the most negligent- Spokesperson
- Maldives does not have to be like the unstable Afghanistan- Nasheed
- Feeali health centre staffs take initiative to fund for things required for the new ward
- Prisoners who escaped from Mafushi jail will be returned to jail- Home Minister
- STO opens pharmacy in Filladhoo
- Concerns raised regarding the beginning of discussions between JP- Ali Solih
- Lessons should be drawn from the two bi-elections- Gayoom
- Govt companies now move forward with mutual discussions- Finance Minister
Foundation laid for DarulEman building
Speaking at the ceremony, Minister of Islamic Affairs, Dr. Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed said that this is the fruit of the hard work of many people. He said that it is his aim to build a branch of DarulEman in every atoll under an agreement with Local Government Authority (LGA).
He said that an Algerian Businessman has shown interest in donating more than 2 lakh US dollars to the fund to build DarulEman.
“There is a huge role by the media as well. All media agencies have worked as a family in raising funds for this project,” he said.
The project is handed over to MTCC to build the 10 story building new MaafannuMadharusa. The company said that the project will be completed within 18 months.
During the ceremony, Sheikh Mohamed Rasheed Ibrahim said that these successful projects are the result of the efforts of the energetic and young cabinet of President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom. He said thanked them and thanked Minister Dr. Shaheem for their hard work.