- Commonwealth eager to continue assisting Maldives in its economic development
- Miadhu Daily appeals govt not to ask the media to stop the actions of govt
- Trans fats in vegetable oil increase cholesterol-MFDA
- Securing the safety of maritime area is very important for the three countries- India
- FAIM to mark “India-Maldives Friendship Day”
- Biggest investment to establish sewage and water system ongoing
- Stalling budgeted projects is a big concern- Abdulla Riyaz
- Present Auditor General is a very capable person- Thoriq
- No single country can guarantee their security alone- Defence Minister
- No room for anything which challenges Islam- Islamic Minister
- Ridwan’s case rejected by committee
- Joint ‘DOSTI’ Exercise by Indian Coastguard with Maldives and Sri Lanka
- STO shops will be open for business even if there is no electricity- STO
Foundation laid for DarulEman building
Speaking at the ceremony, Minister of Islamic Affairs, Dr. Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed said that this is the fruit of the hard work of many people. He said that it is his aim to build a branch of DarulEman in every atoll under an agreement with Local Government Authority (LGA).
He said that an Algerian Businessman has shown interest in donating more than 2 lakh US dollars to the fund to build DarulEman.
“There is a huge role by the media as well. All media agencies have worked as a family in raising funds for this project,” he said.
The project is handed over to MTCC to build the 10 story building new MaafannuMadharusa. The company said that the project will be completed within 18 months.
During the ceremony, Sheikh Mohamed Rasheed Ibrahim said that these successful projects are the result of the efforts of the energetic and young cabinet of President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom. He said thanked them and thanked Minister Dr. Shaheem for their hard work.