- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
- SEZ opportunities will be given to important matters unavailable in Maldives- Economic Minister
- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
Foundation laid for DarulEman building
Speaking at the ceremony, Minister of Islamic Affairs, Dr. Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed said that this is the fruit of the hard work of many people. He said that it is his aim to build a branch of DarulEman in every atoll under an agreement with Local Government Authority (LGA).
He said that an Algerian Businessman has shown interest in donating more than 2 lakh US dollars to the fund to build DarulEman.
“There is a huge role by the media as well. All media agencies have worked as a family in raising funds for this project,” he said.
The project is handed over to MTCC to build the 10 story building new MaafannuMadharusa. The company said that the project will be completed within 18 months.
During the ceremony, Sheikh Mohamed Rasheed Ibrahim said that these successful projects are the result of the efforts of the energetic and young cabinet of President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom. He said thanked them and thanked Minister Dr. Shaheem for their hard work.