- 2014 Quarter 2 – Highest value of imports recorded by a quarter during the past 5 Years
- The Embassy of China partners with ARC to support children in Shelters
- MVR 240000 donated for children and people with special needs
- President assures that Govt endeavors to raise the living standards will not jeopardize independence of Maldives
- Islamic minister urges all to participate in the joyous occasion of Eid
- Gasim calls to make the happiness of Eid permanent
- President extends Eid ul-Fitr greetings
- Independence should be protected while improving economy- Home Minister
- India-Maldives ties shall attain a significant landmark in November this year- Indian High Commissioner
- Maldivian Students met Indian High Commissioner
- Greetings from the Chinese Ambassador on the Occasion of the Independence Day of Maldives and Eid ul-Fitr
- Ibrahim Nasir was an ideal defender of independence- President Yameen
- Gasim calls for sincerity and honesty
Foundation laid for DarulEman building
Speaking at the ceremony, Minister of Islamic Affairs, Dr. Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed said that this is the fruit of the hard work of many people. He said that it is his aim to build a branch of DarulEman in every atoll under an agreement with Local Government Authority (LGA).
He said that an Algerian Businessman has shown interest in donating more than 2 lakh US dollars to the fund to build DarulEman.
“There is a huge role by the media as well. All media agencies have worked as a family in raising funds for this project,” he said.
The project is handed over to MTCC to build the 10 story building new MaafannuMadharusa. The company said that the project will be completed within 18 months.
During the ceremony, Sheikh Mohamed Rasheed Ibrahim said that these successful projects are the result of the efforts of the energetic and young cabinet of President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom. He said thanked them and thanked Minister Dr. Shaheem for their hard work.