- STO profit was raised from MVR 10 million to 45 million by the youth- Adam Azim
- School Education level is improving- Dr. Nazeer
- Special Envoy of the President calls on SIDS to establish meaningful and enduring partnerships
- President ratifies Special Economic Zone Bill
- President’s Special Envoy Maumoon calls on SIDS to establish meaningful and enduring partnerships
- FM Dunya sends Independence Day greetings to the Malaysian FM
- Special Envoy of the President Maumoon arrives in Samoa to attend SIDS
- Stability of the islands is important for development and progress- President
- Ali Waheed appeals to remain steadfast in learning the Quran
- Biggest challenge is in finding evidence- CP
- We are proud that Villa College now has their own tailored courses- Gasim
- Those in political positions should be able to digest criticism- Adheeb
- President Yameen inaugurates Dhan’gethi Harbour Project
Foundation laid for DarulEman building
Speaking at the ceremony, Minister of Islamic Affairs, Dr. Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed said that this is the fruit of the hard work of many people. He said that it is his aim to build a branch of DarulEman in every atoll under an agreement with Local Government Authority (LGA).
He said that an Algerian Businessman has shown interest in donating more than 2 lakh US dollars to the fund to build DarulEman.
“There is a huge role by the media as well. All media agencies have worked as a family in raising funds for this project,” he said.
The project is handed over to MTCC to build the 10 story building new MaafannuMadharusa. The company said that the project will be completed within 18 months.
During the ceremony, Sheikh Mohamed Rasheed Ibrahim said that these successful projects are the result of the efforts of the energetic and young cabinet of President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom. He said thanked them and thanked Minister Dr. Shaheem for their hard work.