- JP wants to fulfill the promises of the govt- Ilham
- Maamigili Airport again to be upgraded to an international airport
- Former President Gayoom departs to Samoa
- Lower Court Judge Uz. Mohamed Easa Fulhu sworn in as a Member of JSC
- President to hold discussions with Gasim within next week
- Gasim initiated the works to establish SEZ- Mubeen
- Shahudee pleads to open tourist resorts in Haa Dhaal Atoll
- Indian Naval Ship Trikand to Joint exercise with MNDF
- Our hope is that the peace between Israel and Gaza will be permanent- Dhunya
- Reputation of Villa College internationally in South Asia and Europe will elevate- Dr. Dohem
- Passports of 4 individuals withheld in relation to Rilwan’s case
- President appoints Mohamed Sadiq as Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Minister of Islamic Affairs departs to Turkey, to attend the Presidential Handover ceremony
PPM coalition commences campaigns for local council election
The official ceremony to be held regarding the campaigns will be held at 9:00 tonight at Alimas Carnival. The top leaders of the PPM coalition will be participating in the ceremony.
The coalition urged all people to participate in this ceremony organized by PPM, Jumhooree Party, MDA and Adhaalath Party.
President Abdulla Yameen has said that campaign trips will be held to the islands with the commencing of the campaigns.
He said that Jumhooree Party leader Gasim Ibrahim and MDA Leader Ahmed Shiyam Mohamed will be touring the islands to campaign for the coalition in the election.
In addition to this, President denied the rumours spread in the media that there is a disagreement within the coalition.
President Yameen said that PPM coalition will achieve a good success in the upcoming elections and is continuing upon unity.
Jumhooree Party stated that they are much more united than in the Presidential election. The party expressed certainty in succeeding in the election with good results.
MDA stated that it is only the opposition who are brewing these rumours of a disagreement within the coalition. He said that no matter which rumours they spread they will not be able to win any success defeating the PPM coalition.