- Extra MVR 30.6 million was spent from 2011 President’s Office Budget- Audit
- Kolhumadulu Quran competition to commence tonight
- Second Climate Change policy workshop conducted
- Discussion on opportunities from Malaysia for Maldivian Police Officers held
- Son of distributor of anti-Islam film Fitna accepts Islam
- Territorial waters of this region can be protected by the countries of this region- President
- Mosques play an important role in the Muslim society- Sheikh Issam
- Discover Islam and Islamic Affairs Minister signs MOU
- If Nahla joins PPM she will break her oath- Moosa Anwar
- All females apprehended in Anbara operation transferred to house arrest
- Application for the position of Prosecutor General opens
- New Egyptian Ambassador Presents Credentials to the President
- Ambassador-at-large on an Official Visit to Iraq
PPM coalition commences campaigns for local council election
The official ceremony to be held regarding the campaigns will be held at 9:00 tonight at Alimas Carnival. The top leaders of the PPM coalition will be participating in the ceremony.
The coalition urged all people to participate in this ceremony organized by PPM, Jumhooree Party, MDA and Adhaalath Party.
President Abdulla Yameen has said that campaign trips will be held to the islands with the commencing of the campaigns.
He said that Jumhooree Party leader Gasim Ibrahim and MDA Leader Ahmed Shiyam Mohamed will be touring the islands to campaign for the coalition in the election.
In addition to this, President denied the rumours spread in the media that there is a disagreement within the coalition.
President Yameen said that PPM coalition will achieve a good success in the upcoming elections and is continuing upon unity.
Jumhooree Party stated that they are much more united than in the Presidential election. The party expressed certainty in succeeding in the election with good results.
MDA stated that it is only the opposition who are brewing these rumours of a disagreement within the coalition. He said that no matter which rumours they spread they will not be able to win any success defeating the PPM coalition.