- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
- Bill to Repeal Act on the Detention and Imprisonment of Persons for More than Seven Days Act Passed
- US Assistant Trade Representative called on the Foreign Minister
- Police stationed in Maafushi prison since last night
- Can’t postpone death penalty due to lack of law- Home Minister
- Contract signed for building coastal protection structures at Faresmaathodaa
- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
- If prisoners escape due of govt neglect then Nasheed’s regime is the most negligent- Spokesperson
- Maldives does not have to be like the unstable Afghanistan- Nasheed
- Feeali health centre staffs take initiative to fund for things required for the new ward
- Prisoners who escaped from Mafushi jail will be returned to jail- Home Minister
- STO opens pharmacy in Filladhoo
PPM coalition commences campaigns for local council election
The official ceremony to be held regarding the campaigns will be held at 9:00 tonight at Alimas Carnival. The top leaders of the PPM coalition will be participating in the ceremony.
The coalition urged all people to participate in this ceremony organized by PPM, Jumhooree Party, MDA and Adhaalath Party.
President Abdulla Yameen has said that campaign trips will be held to the islands with the commencing of the campaigns.
He said that Jumhooree Party leader Gasim Ibrahim and MDA Leader Ahmed Shiyam Mohamed will be touring the islands to campaign for the coalition in the election.
In addition to this, President denied the rumours spread in the media that there is a disagreement within the coalition.
President Yameen said that PPM coalition will achieve a good success in the upcoming elections and is continuing upon unity.
Jumhooree Party stated that they are much more united than in the Presidential election. The party expressed certainty in succeeding in the election with good results.
MDA stated that it is only the opposition who are brewing these rumours of a disagreement within the coalition. He said that no matter which rumours they spread they will not be able to win any success defeating the PPM coalition.