- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
- Bill to Repeal Act on the Detention and Imprisonment of Persons for More than Seven Days Act Passed
- US Assistant Trade Representative called on the Foreign Minister
- Police stationed in Maafushi prison since last night
- Can’t postpone death penalty due to lack of law- Home Minister
- Contract signed for building coastal protection structures at Faresmaathodaa
- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
Local Council election underway
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeg said that there have not been any major problems so far but some minor problems have been occurring.
He said that there will always be some minor problems in elections such as the ongoing election and the Elections Commission is resolving all those issues.
Fuwad said that there was a problem of a delay in the voting in one of the islands however it is being resolved by the commission now.
Hussein Solih from Addu City told Miadhu Daily that the voters count is low in the city because of bad weather.
While there are total 464 ballot boxes placed, a total of 2462 candidates are running in the election.
Elections Commission says that 1124 councilors will be elected for the local councils. They said that this includes 975 island councilors, 132 atoll councilors and 17 city councilors.