- We are proud that Villa College now has their own tailored courses- Gasim
- Those in political positions should be able to digest criticism- Adheeb
- President Yameen inaugurates Dhan’gethi Harbour Project
- Maldives participates at the SIDS village in Samoa
- Students should be prepared for the changes to the world- Dr. Nazeer
- Election validity should be ensured to strengthen democracy- JP
- We want to give perfect press freedom for the media- Defence Minister
- STO shops in the islands to provide cooking gas services
- Convocation held for Sharia and Early Childhood Education Course of Villa College
- Combating Domestic and Transnational Terrorism programme concludes
- Enforced Disappearances Cannot Be Tolerated – UN Sec-Gen
- We are ready to cooperate with the govt- JP
- Aim of Villa College is to build capable scholars in various fields- Dr. Anwar
Local Council election underway
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeg said that there have not been any major problems so far but some minor problems have been occurring.
He said that there will always be some minor problems in elections such as the ongoing election and the Elections Commission is resolving all those issues.
Fuwad said that there was a problem of a delay in the voting in one of the islands however it is being resolved by the commission now.
Hussein Solih from Addu City told Miadhu Daily that the voters count is low in the city because of bad weather.
While there are total 464 ballot boxes placed, a total of 2462 candidates are running in the election.
Elections Commission says that 1124 councilors will be elected for the local councils. They said that this includes 975 island councilors, 132 atoll councilors and 17 city councilors.