- STO to hold activities to strengthen national unity
- Maldives participates at ADEX 2014, in Shanghai
- Anantara Kihavah Villas wins 3-star recognition for Wine Excellence at SEA
- We will be accountable for police oversight authorities regarding investigations – CP
- JP calls teachers not to protest without completing all the phases
- Education Ministry appeals independent institutions to base reports on latest facts
- President Yameen meets with his Sri Lankan Counterpart
- Addu City Council seat won by MDP, Velidhoo council seat won by MDA
- Minister Dunya to participate in the 69th session of the United Nations General Assembly
- We will new achievements in Carrom for Maldives- Mubeen
- Kaadehdhoo Airport again handed over to Villa
- Teachers should not hold the protest without meeting the President- Nihan
- SAARC meet proposes visa exemption for 50 eminent people
Local Council election underway
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeg said that there have not been any major problems so far but some minor problems have been occurring.
He said that there will always be some minor problems in elections such as the ongoing election and the Elections Commission is resolving all those issues.
Fuwad said that there was a problem of a delay in the voting in one of the islands however it is being resolved by the commission now.
Hussein Solih from Addu City told Miadhu Daily that the voters count is low in the city because of bad weather.
While there are total 464 ballot boxes placed, a total of 2462 candidates are running in the election.
Elections Commission says that 1124 councilors will be elected for the local councils. They said that this includes 975 island councilors, 132 atoll councilors and 17 city councilors.