- 2014 Quarter 2 – Highest value of imports recorded by a quarter during the past 5 Years
- The Embassy of China partners with ARC to support children in Shelters
- MVR 240000 donated for children and people with special needs
- President assures that Govt endeavors to raise the living standards will not jeopardize independence of Maldives
- Islamic minister urges all to participate in the joyous occasion of Eid
- Gasim calls to make the happiness of Eid permanent
- President extends Eid ul-Fitr greetings
- Independence should be protected while improving economy- Home Minister
- India-Maldives ties shall attain a significant landmark in November this year- Indian High Commissioner
- Maldivian Students met Indian High Commissioner
- Greetings from the Chinese Ambassador on the Occasion of the Independence Day of Maldives and Eid ul-Fitr
- Ibrahim Nasir was an ideal defender of independence- President Yameen
- Gasim calls for sincerity and honesty
Local Council election underway
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeg said that there have not been any major problems so far but some minor problems have been occurring.
He said that there will always be some minor problems in elections such as the ongoing election and the Elections Commission is resolving all those issues.
Fuwad said that there was a problem of a delay in the voting in one of the islands however it is being resolved by the commission now.
Hussein Solih from Addu City told Miadhu Daily that the voters count is low in the city because of bad weather.
While there are total 464 ballot boxes placed, a total of 2462 candidates are running in the election.
Elections Commission says that 1124 councilors will be elected for the local councils. They said that this includes 975 island councilors, 132 atoll councilors and 17 city councilors.