- Japan’s PM assured to assist Maldives in development projects- President
- MVR 16 million granted to develop 19 futsal stadiums
- JP opens opportunity to apply for Secretary General and Registrar
- Pakistan donates computer systems to Maldives Police Service
- Our aim is to provide medication through Aasandha- Adam Azim
- JP garnering more support because of the rise in support for Gasim’s ideology- Shifag
- 600 more flats to be constructed as more people take application forms
- STO City Hotel to open employment opportunities
- BA to fuel planes with rubbish
- STO Home Improvement to expand its showroom
- DRP former leader and deputy leader running for MDP top posts
- Japanese assistance to national development spans the length and breadth of Maldives- President
- Minister Ameen thanks taxi drivers for their cooperation
Local Council election underway
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeg said that there have not been any major problems so far but some minor problems have been occurring.
He said that there will always be some minor problems in elections such as the ongoing election and the Elections Commission is resolving all those issues.
Fuwad said that there was a problem of a delay in the voting in one of the islands however it is being resolved by the commission now.
Hussein Solih from Addu City told Miadhu Daily that the voters count is low in the city because of bad weather.
While there are total 464 ballot boxes placed, a total of 2462 candidates are running in the election.
Elections Commission says that 1124 councilors will be elected for the local councils. They said that this includes 975 island councilors, 132 atoll councilors and 17 city councilors.