- Maldivian Students met Indian High Commissioner
- The UN establishes an Independent, International Commission on Inquiry to investigate the gross violation of human rights committed by Israel
- E-passport issuing services inaugurated in Addu City
- Condemnation of Adheeb’s threats to JP leader Qasim on public media – JP Press Release
- Commissioner of Police – There is no greater joy than that which results from public service
- President Yameen to address the nation on the occasion of Independence Day
- President ratifies First Amendment Bill to Maritime Zones of Maldives Act
- Priority will be given to make the Police a proactive force- Home Minister
- Court’s role cannot be given to other institutions- Ilham
- All govt offices and companies working together makes it easier to give efficient public services- Adam Azim
- Imad Solih as JP Legal Secretary and Ali Solih as Spokesperson
- Goal cannot be reached by only industrial progress- Sheikh Nizar
- Maldives calls for immediate withdrawal of Israel forces from the Gaza strip at the Human Rights Council
Local Council election underway
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeg said that there have not been any major problems so far but some minor problems have been occurring.
He said that there will always be some minor problems in elections such as the ongoing election and the Elections Commission is resolving all those issues.
Fuwad said that there was a problem of a delay in the voting in one of the islands however it is being resolved by the commission now.
Hussein Solih from Addu City told Miadhu Daily that the voters count is low in the city because of bad weather.
While there are total 464 ballot boxes placed, a total of 2462 candidates are running in the election.
Elections Commission says that 1124 councilors will be elected for the local councils. They said that this includes 975 island councilors, 132 atoll councilors and 17 city councilors.