- Slandering former Presidents is not the job of the members- Mahloof
- Salaries withheld during upgrade of Gan Airport to an international airport to be given
- Foreign Minister meets with the Visiting Japan ODA Investigation Team
- Work progresses on the SEZ Bill following the submission of the Report by the Committee on Economic Affairs
- Villa Airport given notice of the changeog Maamigili Airport from international to domestic airport
- Mohamed Hussein calls to aim the Health Act to provide good health services to public
- We will take all necessary steps to protect the people- HDC
- Letter sent to Speaker requesting to assist in finding Rilwan
- Commissioner General inaugurates Regional Cross Border Financial Investigation Training
- Majlis Sub-Committee of General Purposes Committee Begins Review of Budget for Majlis 2015
- Foreign Minister inaugurates the FOSIM Lecture Series Programme
- Terrorist money trails should be indentified to stop terrorism- Satish
- Feedback and constructive criticism will be awarded by STO- MD
Local Council election underway
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeg said that there have not been any major problems so far but some minor problems have been occurring.
He said that there will always be some minor problems in elections such as the ongoing election and the Elections Commission is resolving all those issues.
Fuwad said that there was a problem of a delay in the voting in one of the islands however it is being resolved by the commission now.
Hussein Solih from Addu City told Miadhu Daily that the voters count is low in the city because of bad weather.
While there are total 464 ballot boxes placed, a total of 2462 candidates are running in the election.
Elections Commission says that 1124 councilors will be elected for the local councils. They said that this includes 975 island councilors, 132 atoll councilors and 17 city councilors.