- Slandering former Presidents is not the job of the members- Mahloof
- Salaries withheld during upgrade of Gan Airport to an international airport to be given
- Foreign Minister meets with the Visiting Japan ODA Investigation Team
- Work progresses on the SEZ Bill following the submission of the Report by the Committee on Economic Affairs
- Villa Airport given notice of the changeog Maamigili Airport from international to domestic airport
- Mohamed Hussein calls to aim the Health Act to provide good health services to public
- We will take all necessary steps to protect the people- HDC
- Letter sent to Speaker requesting to assist in finding Rilwan
- Commissioner General inaugurates Regional Cross Border Financial Investigation Training
- Majlis Sub-Committee of General Purposes Committee Begins Review of Budget for Majlis 2015
- Foreign Minister inaugurates the FOSIM Lecture Series Programme
- Terrorist money trails should be indentified to stop terrorism- Satish
- Feedback and constructive criticism will be awarded by STO- MD
Multiple voting scam exposed
10000 extra votes than eligible voters
MvTimes has revealed that electoral fraudsters were likely to have capitalised on the loopholes in the voting system and rigged more than 10,000 votes.
MvTimes stated that the Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeq in a press conference revealed that more than 83 percent of the population of eligible voters voted in yesterday’s Presidential Election.
Eligible voters amount to 239,593 people and if 83 percent people from this population voted that means 198,863 people voted. However, the temporary results of the vote shows that 209,045 people voted. Therefore this exposes that extra 10182 people voted.
MvTimes noted that the main opposition Maldivian Democratic Party, MDP, Presidential candidate former President Mohamed Nasheed needs 10,000 votes to win the election in the first round.
Eligible voters in Laamu Kunahandhoo is 438 people but 690 people voted. From that ballot box PPM Presidential candidate Abdullah Yameen was on the top according to the temporary results with 52.4 percent votes.
Registered voters in Meemu Raihmandhoo is 118 people but 197 people voted. Yameen topped Raihmandhoo’s ballot box too.