- China celebrates 65th anniversary of National Day in Maldives
- STO launches Kruger Coffee
- Police wants to get the best results in Rilwan’s case- Police
- China has realised tremendous achievement in nation building and human development- Ambassador
- Health Ministry appeals all not to spread lies regarding health matters
- Indian experts to hold training sessions for teachers of students with special needs
- It is a shame that some are trying to malign and defame security forces- CP
- Indian HC facilitates a training for 26 teachers on special needs education
- Doctor sent to Hithadhoo Regional Hospital resigns
- Supreme Court cancels hearing of suo moto case against HRCM
- Adheeb- an inspirational captain!
- JP condemns politically motivated attacks against media
- Cut the salt: add years to your life
Multiple voting scam exposed
10000 extra votes than eligible voters
MvTimes has revealed that electoral fraudsters were likely to have capitalised on the loopholes in the voting system and rigged more than 10,000 votes.
MvTimes stated that the Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeq in a press conference revealed that more than 83 percent of the population of eligible voters voted in yesterday’s Presidential Election.
Eligible voters amount to 239,593 people and if 83 percent people from this population voted that means 198,863 people voted. However, the temporary results of the vote shows that 209,045 people voted. Therefore this exposes that extra 10182 people voted.
MvTimes noted that the main opposition Maldivian Democratic Party, MDP, Presidential candidate former President Mohamed Nasheed needs 10,000 votes to win the election in the first round.
Eligible voters in Laamu Kunahandhoo is 438 people but 690 people voted. From that ballot box PPM Presidential candidate Abdullah Yameen was on the top according to the temporary results with 52.4 percent votes.
Registered voters in Meemu Raihmandhoo is 118 people but 197 people voted. Yameen topped Raihmandhoo’s ballot box too.