- There are many laws which contradict the constitution- AG
- An airport to be developed in Magoodhoo
- Digital evidence laboratory established as part of effort to widen Police service
- Underwater Festival returns to LUX* Maldives
- Mega Maldives Airlines to start flights to Saudi Arabia
- Gasim to establish a laboratory in Dharanbudhu School
- Umar Naseer pledges to open a Police Station in Vaikaradhoo if Igbal is elected
- No Maldivian studied in University of Bicocca- Ameen
- Supreme Court issues travel ban on EC members
- Minister of Foreign Affairs meets with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia
- Traffic operation held in Eydhafushi as part of Police effort to create a safer environment for public
- Minister of Foreign Affairs calls on Secretary General of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation
- Agreement signed to establish sewerage facilities in Thaa atoll Madifushi and Buruni islands
Multiple voting scam exposed
10000 extra votes than eligible voters
MvTimes has revealed that electoral fraudsters were likely to have capitalised on the loopholes in the voting system and rigged more than 10,000 votes.
MvTimes stated that the Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeq in a press conference revealed that more than 83 percent of the population of eligible voters voted in yesterday’s Presidential Election.
Eligible voters amount to 239,593 people and if 83 percent people from this population voted that means 198,863 people voted. However, the temporary results of the vote shows that 209,045 people voted. Therefore this exposes that extra 10182 people voted.
MvTimes noted that the main opposition Maldivian Democratic Party, MDP, Presidential candidate former President Mohamed Nasheed needs 10,000 votes to win the election in the first round.
Eligible voters in Laamu Kunahandhoo is 438 people but 690 people voted. From that ballot box PPM Presidential candidate Abdullah Yameen was on the top according to the temporary results with 52.4 percent votes.
Registered voters in Meemu Raihmandhoo is 118 people but 197 people voted. Yameen topped Raihmandhoo’s ballot box too.