- Securing the safety of maritime area is very important for the three countries- India
- FAIM to mark “India-Maldives Friendship Day”
- Biggest investment to establish sewage and water system ongoing
- Stalling budgeted projects is a big concern- Abdulla Riyaz
- Present Auditor General is a very capable person- Thoriq
- No single country can guarantee their security alone- Defence Minister
- No room for anything which challenges Islam- Islamic Minister
- Ridwan’s case rejected by committee
- Joint ‘DOSTI’ Exercise by Indian Coastguard with Maldives and Sri Lanka
- STO shops will be open for business even if there is no electricity- STO
- Dhiraagu introduces 4G LTE Network services
- MDP will not win even if Nasheed is their candidate in 2018- Shareef
- President Yameen does not suffer from brain tumor or any such terminal illnesses- Adheeb
Multiple voting scam exposed
10000 extra votes than eligible voters
MvTimes has revealed that electoral fraudsters were likely to have capitalised on the loopholes in the voting system and rigged more than 10,000 votes.
MvTimes stated that the Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeq in a press conference revealed that more than 83 percent of the population of eligible voters voted in yesterday’s Presidential Election.
Eligible voters amount to 239,593 people and if 83 percent people from this population voted that means 198,863 people voted. However, the temporary results of the vote shows that 209,045 people voted. Therefore this exposes that extra 10182 people voted.
MvTimes noted that the main opposition Maldivian Democratic Party, MDP, Presidential candidate former President Mohamed Nasheed needs 10,000 votes to win the election in the first round.
Eligible voters in Laamu Kunahandhoo is 438 people but 690 people voted. From that ballot box PPM Presidential candidate Abdullah Yameen was on the top according to the temporary results with 52.4 percent votes.
Registered voters in Meemu Raihmandhoo is 118 people but 197 people voted. Yameen topped Raihmandhoo’s ballot box too.