- 79 people apprehended in special operation of Police in Anbara
- Novelty book fair attracts 25,000 visitors
- Villa College campus opens in Mahibadhoo
- Makkah authorities brace for increased number of pilgrims
- Islamic discipline to be introduced as a subject in 2015 school curriculum
- Umrah groups waiting for Visa approval
- MIFCO to commence long line fishery with Maldivians
- Japan’s PM assured to assist Maldives in development projects- President
- MVR 16 million granted to develop 19 futsal stadiums
- JP opens opportunity to apply for Secretary General and Registrar
- Pakistan donates computer systems to Maldives Police Service
- Our aim is to provide medication through Aasandha- Adam Azim
- JP garnering more support because of the rise in support for Gasim’s ideology- Shifag
Multiple voting scam exposed
10000 extra votes than eligible voters
MvTimes has revealed that electoral fraudsters were likely to have capitalised on the loopholes in the voting system and rigged more than 10,000 votes.
MvTimes stated that the Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeq in a press conference revealed that more than 83 percent of the population of eligible voters voted in yesterday’s Presidential Election.
Eligible voters amount to 239,593 people and if 83 percent people from this population voted that means 198,863 people voted. However, the temporary results of the vote shows that 209,045 people voted. Therefore this exposes that extra 10182 people voted.
MvTimes noted that the main opposition Maldivian Democratic Party, MDP, Presidential candidate former President Mohamed Nasheed needs 10,000 votes to win the election in the first round.
Eligible voters in Laamu Kunahandhoo is 438 people but 690 people voted. From that ballot box PPM Presidential candidate Abdullah Yameen was on the top according to the temporary results with 52.4 percent votes.
Registered voters in Meemu Raihmandhoo is 118 people but 197 people voted. Yameen topped Raihmandhoo’s ballot box too.