- If Nahla joins PPM she will break her oath- Moosa Anwar
- All females apprehended in Anbara operation transferred to house arrest
- Application for the position of Prosecutor General opens
- New Egyptian Ambassador Presents Credentials to the President
- Ambassador-at-large on an Official Visit to Iraq
- President calls those who encourage drug abuse to come out into the open
- Conversation reserves attract tourists- Environment Minister
- Jamiyathu Salaf to hold their “Rihla” trip to Dhaalu Atoll
- Building raided regarding prostitution case and individuals taken in
- Police begin investigating case of sexual abuse of a minor by 4 individuals
- Ambassador of Philippines Calls on the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Ambassador of Egypt Pays a Courtesy Call on the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Printing Ruffiya notes should stop- Governor
Multiple voting scam exposed
10000 extra votes than eligible voters
MvTimes has revealed that electoral fraudsters were likely to have capitalised on the loopholes in the voting system and rigged more than 10,000 votes.
MvTimes stated that the Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeq in a press conference revealed that more than 83 percent of the population of eligible voters voted in yesterday’s Presidential Election.
Eligible voters amount to 239,593 people and if 83 percent people from this population voted that means 198,863 people voted. However, the temporary results of the vote shows that 209,045 people voted. Therefore this exposes that extra 10182 people voted.
MvTimes noted that the main opposition Maldivian Democratic Party, MDP, Presidential candidate former President Mohamed Nasheed needs 10,000 votes to win the election in the first round.
Eligible voters in Laamu Kunahandhoo is 438 people but 690 people voted. From that ballot box PPM Presidential candidate Abdullah Yameen was on the top according to the temporary results with 52.4 percent votes.
Registered voters in Meemu Raihmandhoo is 118 people but 197 people voted. Yameen topped Raihmandhoo’s ballot box too.