- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
- SEZ opportunities will be given to important matters unavailable in Maldives- Economic Minister
- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
Multiple voting scam exposed
10000 extra votes than eligible voters
MvTimes has revealed that electoral fraudsters were likely to have capitalised on the loopholes in the voting system and rigged more than 10,000 votes.
MvTimes stated that the Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeq in a press conference revealed that more than 83 percent of the population of eligible voters voted in yesterday’s Presidential Election.
Eligible voters amount to 239,593 people and if 83 percent people from this population voted that means 198,863 people voted. However, the temporary results of the vote shows that 209,045 people voted. Therefore this exposes that extra 10182 people voted.
MvTimes noted that the main opposition Maldivian Democratic Party, MDP, Presidential candidate former President Mohamed Nasheed needs 10,000 votes to win the election in the first round.
Eligible voters in Laamu Kunahandhoo is 438 people but 690 people voted. From that ballot box PPM Presidential candidate Abdullah Yameen was on the top according to the temporary results with 52.4 percent votes.
Registered voters in Meemu Raihmandhoo is 118 people but 197 people voted. Yameen topped Raihmandhoo’s ballot box too.