- MOU for Construction of the Male-Hulhule’ Bridge Project and 9 other MOUs signed with China
- Maldivian Government officially welcomes Chinese President and First Lady
- High Commission of India welcomes the signing of the addendum TATA agreement
- JP test drives “One Team, One Ideology” campaign
- Judiciary is independent from undue influences- Judge Naeem
- Minor Hotel Group supports new Maldives Tourism Campaign
- Only traitors will try to defame the law enforcement and national defence force- Gasim
- China: Maldives partner in national development
- Those that require backdoor for security reasons will be entered through the backdoor- Judge Abdulla
- Smoking is forbidden- Sheikh Nasrullah
- Managing Director of Al Fathuh Umrah and Hajj Group taken into Police custody for fraud
- Maldives wins Indian Ocean’s leading destination award
- Criminal Asset Confiscation and Financial Investigations Symposium concludes
Multiple voting scam exposed
10000 extra votes than eligible voters
MvTimes has revealed that electoral fraudsters were likely to have capitalised on the loopholes in the voting system and rigged more than 10,000 votes.
MvTimes stated that the Elections Commissioner Fuwad Thaufeeq in a press conference revealed that more than 83 percent of the population of eligible voters voted in yesterday’s Presidential Election.
Eligible voters amount to 239,593 people and if 83 percent people from this population voted that means 198,863 people voted. However, the temporary results of the vote shows that 209,045 people voted. Therefore this exposes that extra 10182 people voted.
MvTimes noted that the main opposition Maldivian Democratic Party, MDP, Presidential candidate former President Mohamed Nasheed needs 10,000 votes to win the election in the first round.
Eligible voters in Laamu Kunahandhoo is 438 people but 690 people voted. From that ballot box PPM Presidential candidate Abdullah Yameen was on the top according to the temporary results with 52.4 percent votes.
Registered voters in Meemu Raihmandhoo is 118 people but 197 people voted. Yameen topped Raihmandhoo’s ballot box too.