- President calls for collective action in working towards the mutual benefit of the SAARC region
- Abdulla Riyaz urges to expedite works to curb crime
- Anara calls to expedite the process of taking testimonies
- Emirates boosts Maldives operation
- STO commences ‘anniversary sale’
- Youth are criticized because of disrespectful behavior- Attorney General
- Police confiscates special documents from Male’ City council
- Environmental problems are the biggest danger faced by countries- Sheikh Moosa Nizar
- Gasfinolhu – World’s first 100 percent renewable energy resort
- This is a historical year for Immigration- Minister Nazim
- No one should fall prey for the traps of Nasheed to send the youth to prison- Mohamed
- President and First Lady depart to Nepal, to attend the 18th SAARC Summit
- Gasim urges to implement population relocation policy
Imam calls to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities
Imam has called all people to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities carried out to destroy the Islamic creed of the people.
Imam of the Eid Prayer, Sheikh Ahmed Sameer Ibrahim has said that some people are working to destroy the Islamic unity of Maldives.
The Imam urged the people to be vigilant of the patience and determination necessary to maintain our independence and individuality, and to unwaveringly hold on to our Islamic faith.
Sheikh Sameer said that the people gathered for the Eid prayer should acknowledge the fact it is through the brotherhood of Islam that they were gathered there. He said that all should be vigilant in safeguarding their faith.
“Eid is a day of happiness for the Muslims, binding each other’s hearts,” he said.
Sheikh Sameer said that the religion of Islam is the path to a happy life in this world and in the hereafter.
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed and Presidential candidate of the Jumhooree Coalition Gasim Ibrahim attended the official Eid prayer in Male’.
Muslims across the Maldives celebrated Eid Al-Fitr to mark the end of fasting in the holy month of Ramadan, attending Eid prayers, visiting friends and relatives, exchanging Eid greetings and organizing recreational programs.