- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Imam calls to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities
Imam has called all people to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities carried out to destroy the Islamic creed of the people.
Imam of the Eid Prayer, Sheikh Ahmed Sameer Ibrahim has said that some people are working to destroy the Islamic unity of Maldives.
The Imam urged the people to be vigilant of the patience and determination necessary to maintain our independence and individuality, and to unwaveringly hold on to our Islamic faith.
Sheikh Sameer said that the people gathered for the Eid prayer should acknowledge the fact it is through the brotherhood of Islam that they were gathered there. He said that all should be vigilant in safeguarding their faith.
“Eid is a day of happiness for the Muslims, binding each other’s hearts,” he said.
Sheikh Sameer said that the religion of Islam is the path to a happy life in this world and in the hereafter.
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed and Presidential candidate of the Jumhooree Coalition Gasim Ibrahim attended the official Eid prayer in Male’.
Muslims across the Maldives celebrated Eid Al-Fitr to mark the end of fasting in the holy month of Ramadan, attending Eid prayers, visiting friends and relatives, exchanging Eid greetings and organizing recreational programs.