- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
- SEZ opportunities will be given to important matters unavailable in Maldives- Economic Minister
- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
Imam calls to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities
Imam has called all people to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities carried out to destroy the Islamic creed of the people.
Imam of the Eid Prayer, Sheikh Ahmed Sameer Ibrahim has said that some people are working to destroy the Islamic unity of Maldives.
The Imam urged the people to be vigilant of the patience and determination necessary to maintain our independence and individuality, and to unwaveringly hold on to our Islamic faith.
Sheikh Sameer said that the people gathered for the Eid prayer should acknowledge the fact it is through the brotherhood of Islam that they were gathered there. He said that all should be vigilant in safeguarding their faith.
“Eid is a day of happiness for the Muslims, binding each other’s hearts,” he said.
Sheikh Sameer said that the religion of Islam is the path to a happy life in this world and in the hereafter.
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed and Presidential candidate of the Jumhooree Coalition Gasim Ibrahim attended the official Eid prayer in Male’.
Muslims across the Maldives celebrated Eid Al-Fitr to mark the end of fasting in the holy month of Ramadan, attending Eid prayers, visiting friends and relatives, exchanging Eid greetings and organizing recreational programs.