- Commonwealth eager to continue assisting Maldives in its economic development
- Miadhu Daily appeals govt not to ask the media to stop the actions of govt
- Trans fats in vegetable oil increase cholesterol-MFDA
- Securing the safety of maritime area is very important for the three countries- India
- FAIM to mark “India-Maldives Friendship Day”
- Biggest investment to establish sewage and water system ongoing
- Stalling budgeted projects is a big concern- Abdulla Riyaz
- Present Auditor General is a very capable person- Thoriq
- No single country can guarantee their security alone- Defence Minister
- No room for anything which challenges Islam- Islamic Minister
- Ridwan’s case rejected by committee
- Joint ‘DOSTI’ Exercise by Indian Coastguard with Maldives and Sri Lanka
- STO shops will be open for business even if there is no electricity- STO
Imam calls to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities
Imam has called all people to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities carried out to destroy the Islamic creed of the people.
Imam of the Eid Prayer, Sheikh Ahmed Sameer Ibrahim has said that some people are working to destroy the Islamic unity of Maldives.
The Imam urged the people to be vigilant of the patience and determination necessary to maintain our independence and individuality, and to unwaveringly hold on to our Islamic faith.
Sheikh Sameer said that the people gathered for the Eid prayer should acknowledge the fact it is through the brotherhood of Islam that they were gathered there. He said that all should be vigilant in safeguarding their faith.
“Eid is a day of happiness for the Muslims, binding each other’s hearts,” he said.
Sheikh Sameer said that the religion of Islam is the path to a happy life in this world and in the hereafter.
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed and Presidential candidate of the Jumhooree Coalition Gasim Ibrahim attended the official Eid prayer in Male’.
Muslims across the Maldives celebrated Eid Al-Fitr to mark the end of fasting in the holy month of Ramadan, attending Eid prayers, visiting friends and relatives, exchanging Eid greetings and organizing recreational programs.