- We are proud that Villa College now has their own tailored courses- Gasim
- Those in political positions should be able to digest criticism- Adheeb
- President Yameen inaugurates Dhan’gethi Harbour Project
- Maldives participates at the SIDS village in Samoa
- Students should be prepared for the changes to the world- Dr. Nazeer
- Election validity should be ensured to strengthen democracy- JP
- We want to give perfect press freedom for the media- Defence Minister
- STO shops in the islands to provide cooking gas services
- Convocation held for Sharia and Early Childhood Education Course of Villa College
- Combating Domestic and Transnational Terrorism programme concludes
- Enforced Disappearances Cannot Be Tolerated – UN Sec-Gen
- We are ready to cooperate with the govt- JP
- Aim of Villa College is to build capable scholars in various fields- Dr. Anwar
Imam calls to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities
Imam has called all people to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities carried out to destroy the Islamic creed of the people.
Imam of the Eid Prayer, Sheikh Ahmed Sameer Ibrahim has said that some people are working to destroy the Islamic unity of Maldives.
The Imam urged the people to be vigilant of the patience and determination necessary to maintain our independence and individuality, and to unwaveringly hold on to our Islamic faith.
Sheikh Sameer said that the people gathered for the Eid prayer should acknowledge the fact it is through the brotherhood of Islam that they were gathered there. He said that all should be vigilant in safeguarding their faith.
“Eid is a day of happiness for the Muslims, binding each other’s hearts,” he said.
Sheikh Sameer said that the religion of Islam is the path to a happy life in this world and in the hereafter.
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed and Presidential candidate of the Jumhooree Coalition Gasim Ibrahim attended the official Eid prayer in Male’.
Muslims across the Maldives celebrated Eid Al-Fitr to mark the end of fasting in the holy month of Ramadan, attending Eid prayers, visiting friends and relatives, exchanging Eid greetings and organizing recreational programs.