- SAARC meet proposes visa exemption for 50 eminent people
- Master plan to root out gang problem presented to President and AG
- Land plot allocated to build Waqf building in Addu City
- President Yameen departs on official visits to Sri Lanka and Singapore
- Request for EOI to design sewerage system in Addu city announced
- Police appeals Nasheed not to defame the Police with lies seeking fame
- A launch will be granted for every atoll- Health Minister
- Issues of importance to Maldives will be discussed in SAARC meeting- Home Ministry
- STO donates Phillips products to Kudakudhinge Hiya
- President Yameen to conduct official visits to Sri Lanka and Singapore
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of Nepal visits Maldives
- Latest updates of the ongoing search by Police for the missing journalist
- Nepal to increase availability of university seat placements for Maldivians aspiring to study medicine
Imam calls to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities
Imam has called all people to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities carried out to destroy the Islamic creed of the people.
Imam of the Eid Prayer, Sheikh Ahmed Sameer Ibrahim has said that some people are working to destroy the Islamic unity of Maldives.
The Imam urged the people to be vigilant of the patience and determination necessary to maintain our independence and individuality, and to unwaveringly hold on to our Islamic faith.
Sheikh Sameer said that the people gathered for the Eid prayer should acknowledge the fact it is through the brotherhood of Islam that they were gathered there. He said that all should be vigilant in safeguarding their faith.
“Eid is a day of happiness for the Muslims, binding each other’s hearts,” he said.
Sheikh Sameer said that the religion of Islam is the path to a happy life in this world and in the hereafter.
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed and Presidential candidate of the Jumhooree Coalition Gasim Ibrahim attended the official Eid prayer in Male’.
Muslims across the Maldives celebrated Eid Al-Fitr to mark the end of fasting in the holy month of Ramadan, attending Eid prayers, visiting friends and relatives, exchanging Eid greetings and organizing recreational programs.