- Imad Solih as JP Legal Secretary and Ali Solih as Spokesperson
- Goal cannot be reached by only industrial progress- Sheikh Nizar
- Maldives calls for immediate withdrawal of Israel forces from the Gaza strip at the Human Rights Council
- Chinese government donates computer systems to the newly established FOSIM
- Plenary Debate held for Bill on Amendments to the Human Rights Commission Act
- Govt should take responsibility of the vagueness of the role of councils- Mubeen
- Will take five years for govt to regulate all preschools- Dr. Aishath Shiham
- JP will always remain with MPS
- Special Session of the Human Rights Council to be held on the human rights situation in Palestine
- Ambassador of Thailand to Maldives calls on Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Maldivian Islamic University will be among number one Islamic universities in the region- Dr. Faiz
- Can’t support arrest without court warrant- Gasim
- JP to run for JSC clemency board
Imam calls to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities
Imam has called all people to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities carried out to destroy the Islamic creed of the people.
Imam of the Eid Prayer, Sheikh Ahmed Sameer Ibrahim has said that some people are working to destroy the Islamic unity of Maldives.
The Imam urged the people to be vigilant of the patience and determination necessary to maintain our independence and individuality, and to unwaveringly hold on to our Islamic faith.
Sheikh Sameer said that the people gathered for the Eid prayer should acknowledge the fact it is through the brotherhood of Islam that they were gathered there. He said that all should be vigilant in safeguarding their faith.
“Eid is a day of happiness for the Muslims, binding each other’s hearts,” he said.
Sheikh Sameer said that the religion of Islam is the path to a happy life in this world and in the hereafter.
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed and Presidential candidate of the Jumhooree Coalition Gasim Ibrahim attended the official Eid prayer in Male’.
Muslims across the Maldives celebrated Eid Al-Fitr to mark the end of fasting in the holy month of Ramadan, attending Eid prayers, visiting friends and relatives, exchanging Eid greetings and organizing recreational programs.