- If those who obstruct progress is elected then they will move that to the Majlis- Gasim
- Ambassador of Federal Republic of Germany calls on the Foreign Minister
- Government will take on challenges faced in the education sector – Vice President
- 18 individuals arrested with 24 kg of illicit narcotics
- Evidences that MDP is in deep waters is unraveling- Gasim
- Corrupt politicians should never be elected for Majlis- Dr Muizz
- Addu City to host Mahinda Rajapaksa International Challenge Cup
- Habeeb appointed to EC with Majlis unanimity
- More than MVR 35 million deposited at Hajj Corporation
- Masterminds behind Feb 8 arson should be punished- Saudullah
- People of Maldives will not give anyone the opportunity to cause unrest- Gasim
- We will go as deep as we can to find others responsible for 24kg heroin case- MPS
- Govt welcomes the decision by Majlis to approve the appointment of a new member to EC
Imam calls to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities
Imam has called all people to be alert of the anti-Islamic activities carried out to destroy the Islamic creed of the people.
Imam of the Eid Prayer, Sheikh Ahmed Sameer Ibrahim has said that some people are working to destroy the Islamic unity of Maldives.
The Imam urged the people to be vigilant of the patience and determination necessary to maintain our independence and individuality, and to unwaveringly hold on to our Islamic faith.
Sheikh Sameer said that the people gathered for the Eid prayer should acknowledge the fact it is through the brotherhood of Islam that they were gathered there. He said that all should be vigilant in safeguarding their faith.
“Eid is a day of happiness for the Muslims, binding each other’s hearts,” he said.
Sheikh Sameer said that the religion of Islam is the path to a happy life in this world and in the hereafter.
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed and Presidential candidate of the Jumhooree Coalition Gasim Ibrahim attended the official Eid prayer in Male’.
Muslims across the Maldives celebrated Eid Al-Fitr to mark the end of fasting in the holy month of Ramadan, attending Eid prayers, visiting friends and relatives, exchanging Eid greetings and organizing recreational programs.