- STO to hold activities to strengthen national unity
- Maldives participates at ADEX 2014, in Shanghai
- Anantara Kihavah Villas wins 3-star recognition for Wine Excellence at SEA
- We will be accountable for police oversight authorities regarding investigations – CP
- JP calls teachers not to protest without completing all the phases
- Education Ministry appeals independent institutions to base reports on latest facts
- President Yameen meets with his Sri Lankan Counterpart
- Addu City Council seat won by MDP, Velidhoo council seat won by MDA
- Minister Dunya to participate in the 69th session of the United Nations General Assembly
- We will new achievements in Carrom for Maldives- Mubeen
- Kaadehdhoo Airport again handed over to Villa
- Teachers should not hold the protest without meeting the President- Nihan
- SAARC meet proposes visa exemption for 50 eminent people
Dr. Waheed will not want to sink with Thasmeen- Umar
Former Deputy Leader of the Progressive Party of Maldives, PPM, Umar Naseer has said that the President Dr. Mohamed Waheed will never want to sink into the sea with the leader of the Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party, DRP, Ahmed Thasmeen Ali.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Umar Naseer said that President Dr. Waheed’s decision to make Thasmeen his running mate will be a big failure for him in politics.
Umar said that the respect and esteem of President Dr. Waheed will diminish as a result of him appointing Thasmeen as his running mate. He added that this decision of the President will be an obstruction for him winning the upcoming Presidential election.
Umar said that if Dr. Waheed runs in the upcoming election with Thasmeen as his running mate then he will sink into the sea with Thasmeen. He said that the President will never want this to happen.
In addition to this Umar emphasized that Thasmeen is a failed politician and his politicial carrier has been buried three years ago.