- Commonwealth eager to continue assisting Maldives in its economic development
- Miadhu Daily appeals govt not to ask the media to stop the actions of govt
- Trans fats in vegetable oil increase cholesterol-MFDA
- Securing the safety of maritime area is very important for the three countries- India
- FAIM to mark “India-Maldives Friendship Day”
- Biggest investment to establish sewage and water system ongoing
- Stalling budgeted projects is a big concern- Abdulla Riyaz
- Present Auditor General is a very capable person- Thoriq
- No single country can guarantee their security alone- Defence Minister
- No room for anything which challenges Islam- Islamic Minister
- Ridwan’s case rejected by committee
- Joint ‘DOSTI’ Exercise by Indian Coastguard with Maldives and Sri Lanka
- STO shops will be open for business even if there is no electricity- STO
Dr. Waheed will not want to sink with Thasmeen- Umar
Former Deputy Leader of the Progressive Party of Maldives, PPM, Umar Naseer has said that the President Dr. Mohamed Waheed will never want to sink into the sea with the leader of the Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party, DRP, Ahmed Thasmeen Ali.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Umar Naseer said that President Dr. Waheed’s decision to make Thasmeen his running mate will be a big failure for him in politics.
Umar said that the respect and esteem of President Dr. Waheed will diminish as a result of him appointing Thasmeen as his running mate. He added that this decision of the President will be an obstruction for him winning the upcoming Presidential election.
Umar said that if Dr. Waheed runs in the upcoming election with Thasmeen as his running mate then he will sink into the sea with Thasmeen. He said that the President will never want this to happen.
In addition to this Umar emphasized that Thasmeen is a failed politician and his politicial carrier has been buried three years ago.