- STO profit was raised from MVR 10 million to 45 million by the youth- Adam Azim
- School Education level is improving- Dr. Nazeer
- Special Envoy of the President calls on SIDS to establish meaningful and enduring partnerships
- President ratifies Special Economic Zone Bill
- President’s Special Envoy Maumoon calls on SIDS to establish meaningful and enduring partnerships
- FM Dunya sends Independence Day greetings to the Malaysian FM
- Special Envoy of the President Maumoon arrives in Samoa to attend SIDS
- Stability of the islands is important for development and progress- President
- Ali Waheed appeals to remain steadfast in learning the Quran
- Biggest challenge is in finding evidence- CP
- We are proud that Villa College now has their own tailored courses- Gasim
- Those in political positions should be able to digest criticism- Adheeb
- President Yameen inaugurates Dhan’gethi Harbour Project
Dr. Waheed will not want to sink with Thasmeen- Umar
Former Deputy Leader of the Progressive Party of Maldives, PPM, Umar Naseer has said that the President Dr. Mohamed Waheed will never want to sink into the sea with the leader of the Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party, DRP, Ahmed Thasmeen Ali.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Umar Naseer said that President Dr. Waheed’s decision to make Thasmeen his running mate will be a big failure for him in politics.
Umar said that the respect and esteem of President Dr. Waheed will diminish as a result of him appointing Thasmeen as his running mate. He added that this decision of the President will be an obstruction for him winning the upcoming Presidential election.
Umar said that if Dr. Waheed runs in the upcoming election with Thasmeen as his running mate then he will sink into the sea with Thasmeen. He said that the President will never want this to happen.
In addition to this Umar emphasized that Thasmeen is a failed politician and his politicial carrier has been buried three years ago.