- US Assistant Trade Representative called on the Foreign Minister
- Police stationed in Maafushi prison since last night
- Can’t postpone death penalty due to lack of law- Home Minister
- Contract signed for building coastal protection structures at Faresmaathodaa
- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
- If prisoners escape due of govt neglect then Nasheed’s regime is the most negligent- Spokesperson
- Maldives does not have to be like the unstable Afghanistan- Nasheed
- Feeali health centre staffs take initiative to fund for things required for the new ward
- Prisoners who escaped from Mafushi jail will be returned to jail- Home Minister
- STO opens pharmacy in Filladhoo
- Concerns raised regarding the beginning of discussions between JP- Ali Solih
- Lessons should be drawn from the two bi-elections- Gayoom
- Govt companies now move forward with mutual discussions- Finance Minister
Dr. Waheed will not want to sink with Thasmeen- Umar
Former Deputy Leader of the Progressive Party of Maldives, PPM, Umar Naseer has said that the President Dr. Mohamed Waheed will never want to sink into the sea with the leader of the Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party, DRP, Ahmed Thasmeen Ali.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Umar Naseer said that President Dr. Waheed’s decision to make Thasmeen his running mate will be a big failure for him in politics.
Umar said that the respect and esteem of President Dr. Waheed will diminish as a result of him appointing Thasmeen as his running mate. He added that this decision of the President will be an obstruction for him winning the upcoming Presidential election.
Umar said that if Dr. Waheed runs in the upcoming election with Thasmeen as his running mate then he will sink into the sea with Thasmeen. He said that the President will never want this to happen.
In addition to this Umar emphasized that Thasmeen is a failed politician and his politicial carrier has been buried three years ago.