- Commonwealth eager to continue assisting Maldives in its economic development
- Miadhu Daily appeals govt not to ask the media to stop the actions of govt
- Trans fats in vegetable oil increase cholesterol-MFDA
- Securing the safety of maritime area is very important for the three countries- India
- FAIM to mark “India-Maldives Friendship Day”
- Biggest investment to establish sewage and water system ongoing
- Stalling budgeted projects is a big concern- Abdulla Riyaz
- Present Auditor General is a very capable person- Thoriq
- No single country can guarantee their security alone- Defence Minister
- No room for anything which challenges Islam- Islamic Minister
- Ridwan’s case rejected by committee
- Joint ‘DOSTI’ Exercise by Indian Coastguard with Maldives and Sri Lanka
- STO shops will be open for business even if there is no electricity- STO
EU Ambassador pays farewell call on President Waheed
EU Ambassador to the Maldives, Mr Bernard Savage has paid his farewell call on President Dr Mohamed Waheed yesterday. The meeting was held yesterday morning at the President’s Office.
At the meeting, President Waheed emphasized that EU was an important development partner of the Maldives. In this regard he underscored the assistance received from EU towards the development of the country.
President Waheed expressed his gratitude to the Ambassador for the cooperation and close friendship with the Maldives during his tenure. The President also conveyed his hopes to further strengthen the close relations between EU and the Maldives.
Ambassador Savage said that it was a great pleasure to serve the Maldives as the EU Ambassador to the Maldives. He reassured of EU’s continuous support and cooperation to the Maldives.