- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
- If prisoners escape due of govt neglect then Nasheed’s regime is the most negligent- Spokesperson
- Maldives does not have to be like the unstable Afghanistan- Nasheed
- Feeali health centre staffs take initiative to fund for things required for the new ward
- Prisoners who escaped from Mafushi jail will be returned to jail- Home Minister
- STO opens pharmacy in Filladhoo
- Concerns raised regarding the beginning of discussions between JP- Ali Solih
- Lessons should be drawn from the two bi-elections- Gayoom
- Govt companies now move forward with mutual discussions- Finance Minister
- Farmers Exhibition ends tonight
- Usury edict casts shadow over top Saudi bank’s IPO
- Stakeholder Consultation Workshop for Low Carbon Strategy for Transport Sector was held
- Maldives signs Memorandum with Spain for closer cooperation on key areas of development
Manhunt launched related to case of assault with a sharp object
A nationwide manhunt has been launched by the Maldives Police Service in relation to the case of assault with a sharp object on the 19th of May.
The assault occurred while the victim was inside a shop known as “Home X”.
The individual being sought by the Police is one, Abdullah Nasih [Aged 18] of Dhaar’ul Garaar, GA. Kon’dey.
Anyone with any information regarding the suspect is encouraged to contact the Maldives Police Service using the hotline, 3322111 or the Serious and Organized Crime Department at 9911099.
Police stated that any individuals who step forward to provide information regarding the suspect will be given all due protection to ensure their safety.
The Maldives Police Service expressed their thanks to members of the public for their cooperation and support in the matter.