- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
- SEZ opportunities will be given to important matters unavailable in Maldives- Economic Minister
- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
Manhunt launched related to case of assault with a sharp object
A nationwide manhunt has been launched by the Maldives Police Service in relation to the case of assault with a sharp object on the 19th of May.
The assault occurred while the victim was inside a shop known as “Home X”.
The individual being sought by the Police is one, Abdullah Nasih [Aged 18] of Dhaar’ul Garaar, GA. Kon’dey.
Anyone with any information regarding the suspect is encouraged to contact the Maldives Police Service using the hotline, 3322111 or the Serious and Organized Crime Department at 9911099.
Police stated that any individuals who step forward to provide information regarding the suspect will be given all due protection to ensure their safety.
The Maldives Police Service expressed their thanks to members of the public for their cooperation and support in the matter.