- JP wants to fulfill the promises of the govt- Ilham
- Maamigili Airport again to be upgraded to an international airport
- Former President Gayoom departs to Samoa
- Lower Court Judge Uz. Mohamed Easa Fulhu sworn in as a Member of JSC
- President to hold discussions with Gasim within next week
- Gasim initiated the works to establish SEZ- Mubeen
- Shahudee pleads to open tourist resorts in Haa Dhaal Atoll
- Indian Naval Ship Trikand to Joint exercise with MNDF
- Our hope is that the peace between Israel and Gaza will be permanent- Dhunya
- Reputation of Villa College internationally in South Asia and Europe will elevate- Dr. Dohem
- Passports of 4 individuals withheld in relation to Rilwan’s case
- President appoints Mohamed Sadiq as Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Minister of Islamic Affairs departs to Turkey, to attend the Presidential Handover ceremony
Gasim vows to ‘bring Raa Atoll tourism to a hands reach’
The Presidential candidate of the Jumhooree Party made this remark speaking at the campaign rally of the Jumhooree Party held at Raa Atoll Inguraidhoo island last night.
Gasim said that he would work to alleviate the difficulties faced by the people and would work hand to bring them happiness.
“In my government I will work hard to relieve the people from all hardship. I will increase their income. I will bring the tourism of this atoll to their hands reach,” he said.
Gasim said that he decided to run for the Presidency of Maldives after witnessing the sufferings of the people. He said that he wants to relieve the people of these difficulties and make their lives happy. He said that it is unbearable for him to see his people living in such appalling condition.
Gasim said that he wants to protect the Islamic identity of the Maldives from the onslaught of attacks on it by Islamophobes.
In addition to this Gasim said that his government will be assigning 100 Fishing vessels to the people each year to increase their income and increase the state income.