- If Nahla joins PPM she will break her oath- Moosa Anwar
- All females apprehended in Anbara operation transferred to house arrest
- Application for the position of Prosecutor General opens
- New Egyptian Ambassador Presents Credentials to the President
- Ambassador-at-large on an Official Visit to Iraq
- President calls those who encourage drug abuse to come out into the open
- Conversation reserves attract tourists- Environment Minister
- Jamiyathu Salaf to hold their “Rihla” trip to Dhaalu Atoll
- Building raided regarding prostitution case and individuals taken in
- Police begin investigating case of sexual abuse of a minor by 4 individuals
- Ambassador of Philippines Calls on the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Ambassador of Egypt Pays a Courtesy Call on the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Printing Ruffiya notes should stop- Governor
PPM’s presidential primary’s winning candidate will be the next President of Maldives- Gayoom
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has said that his party, the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM)’s presidential primary’s winning candidate will be the presidential candidate to win the upcoming presidential election.
Speaking at the rally of PPM held to celebrate women’s day, Gayoom said that so far two candidates have announced to run for the PPM presidential primary and the party will show that its party that believes in democratic values. He said that the party will also prove this in the upcoming Presidential election as well.
“PPM is proving to the world that it is a democratic party. And hopefully the winning candidate of the PPM presidential primary will be the winning candidate to be the next President of Maldives,” he said.
Gayoom said that PPM is a party that loves unity and therefore PPM will work together with all for the betterment of the nation.