- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
- Bill to Repeal Act on the Detention and Imprisonment of Persons for More than Seven Days Act Passed
- US Assistant Trade Representative called on the Foreign Minister
- Police stationed in Maafushi prison since last night
- Can’t postpone death penalty due to lack of law- Home Minister
- Contract signed for building coastal protection structures at Faresmaathodaa
- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
PPM’s presidential primary’s winning candidate will be the next President of Maldives- Gayoom
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has said that his party, the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM)’s presidential primary’s winning candidate will be the presidential candidate to win the upcoming presidential election.
Speaking at the rally of PPM held to celebrate women’s day, Gayoom said that so far two candidates have announced to run for the PPM presidential primary and the party will show that its party that believes in democratic values. He said that the party will also prove this in the upcoming Presidential election as well.
“PPM is proving to the world that it is a democratic party. And hopefully the winning candidate of the PPM presidential primary will be the winning candidate to be the next President of Maldives,” he said.
Gayoom said that PPM is a party that loves unity and therefore PPM will work together with all for the betterment of the nation.