- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
PPM’s presidential primary’s winning candidate will be the next President of Maldives- Gayoom
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has said that his party, the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM)’s presidential primary’s winning candidate will be the presidential candidate to win the upcoming presidential election.
Speaking at the rally of PPM held to celebrate women’s day, Gayoom said that so far two candidates have announced to run for the PPM presidential primary and the party will show that its party that believes in democratic values. He said that the party will also prove this in the upcoming Presidential election as well.
“PPM is proving to the world that it is a democratic party. And hopefully the winning candidate of the PPM presidential primary will be the winning candidate to be the next President of Maldives,” he said.
Gayoom said that PPM is a party that loves unity and therefore PPM will work together with all for the betterment of the nation.