- Commonwealth eager to continue assisting Maldives in its economic development
- Miadhu Daily appeals govt not to ask the media to stop the actions of govt
- Trans fats in vegetable oil increase cholesterol-MFDA
- Securing the safety of maritime area is very important for the three countries- India
- FAIM to mark “India-Maldives Friendship Day”
- Biggest investment to establish sewage and water system ongoing
- Stalling budgeted projects is a big concern- Abdulla Riyaz
- Present Auditor General is a very capable person- Thoriq
- No single country can guarantee their security alone- Defence Minister
- No room for anything which challenges Islam- Islamic Minister
- Ridwan’s case rejected by committee
- Joint ‘DOSTI’ Exercise by Indian Coastguard with Maldives and Sri Lanka
- STO shops will be open for business even if there is no electricity- STO
PPM’s presidential primary’s winning candidate will be the next President of Maldives- Gayoom
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has said that his party, the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM)’s presidential primary’s winning candidate will be the presidential candidate to win the upcoming presidential election.
Speaking at the rally of PPM held to celebrate women’s day, Gayoom said that so far two candidates have announced to run for the PPM presidential primary and the party will show that its party that believes in democratic values. He said that the party will also prove this in the upcoming Presidential election as well.
“PPM is proving to the world that it is a democratic party. And hopefully the winning candidate of the PPM presidential primary will be the winning candidate to be the next President of Maldives,” he said.
Gayoom said that PPM is a party that loves unity and therefore PPM will work together with all for the betterment of the nation.