- Preceding Meetings of the 18th SAARC Summit begins
- Budget allocated for youth is not sufficient- MDP
- Minister Thoriq calls to take proactive action to ensure SIDS specific challenges and needs are taken into account
- Unrest in the country during Nasheed’s regime was brought to an end by current govt- Home Ministry
- Govt would show no mercy for those that slaughter Maldivians without mercy- President
- JP always have worked to strengthen independent institutions- Abdulla Riyaz
- Majlis passes not to increase TGST by 12%
- Most youth are seen to be irresponsible- Anara
- National University should be allocated with the required budget- Gasim
- Islamic laws should be implemented to curb crime rate- Ibrahim Hassan
- Every precaution should be taken in defense of ones self- Sheikh Moosa Nizar
- Gasim Ibrahim requests a US$ 3 billion loan assistance
- Abdulla Ahmad calls to increase the wages of civil servants and teachers
PPM’s presidential primary’s winning candidate will be the next President of Maldives- Gayoom
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has said that his party, the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM)’s presidential primary’s winning candidate will be the presidential candidate to win the upcoming presidential election.
Speaking at the rally of PPM held to celebrate women’s day, Gayoom said that so far two candidates have announced to run for the PPM presidential primary and the party will show that its party that believes in democratic values. He said that the party will also prove this in the upcoming Presidential election as well.
“PPM is proving to the world that it is a democratic party. And hopefully the winning candidate of the PPM presidential primary will be the winning candidate to be the next President of Maldives,” he said.
Gayoom said that PPM is a party that loves unity and therefore PPM will work together with all for the betterment of the nation.