- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
- SEZ opportunities will be given to important matters unavailable in Maldives- Economic Minister
- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
MPS inaugurates a new police station in Meedhoo
Maldives Police Service (MPS) has inaugurated a new police station in Raa Atoll Meedhoo as to improve security in that island.
In a formal ceremony held in Raa Meedhoo on 25th March 2013, the police station was formally inaugurated by the Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed and Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz.
After the inauguration Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz and Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed addressed the ceremony.
Speaking at the ceremony Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz expressed his satisfaction for introducing a police post in Raa. Meedhoo. He noted the importance of policing to every administrative region of the country.
In Commissioners’ remarks he also urged the citizens of Raa Meedhoo and general public to assist and cooperate with police officers in maintaining peace and harmony.
He also thanked Raa. Atoll council members for their remarkable assistance and cooperation in making the police post a reality.
In Minister’s speech he has highlighted the role and responsibility of police officers. He noted that the duty of police is not simply to enforce law but also to deliver services as desired by the citizens.
In yesterday’s ceremony, senior officers of MPS and government officials, council members and citizens of Raa Meedhoo were present at the ceremony.
With the opening of this new police station in Raa Meedhoo, at present there are 53 police posts functioning in atolls.