- Commonwealth eager to continue assisting Maldives in its economic development
- Miadhu Daily appeals govt not to ask the media to stop the actions of govt
- Trans fats in vegetable oil increase cholesterol-MFDA
- Securing the safety of maritime area is very important for the three countries- India
- FAIM to mark “India-Maldives Friendship Day”
- Biggest investment to establish sewage and water system ongoing
- Stalling budgeted projects is a big concern- Abdulla Riyaz
- Present Auditor General is a very capable person- Thoriq
- No single country can guarantee their security alone- Defence Minister
- No room for anything which challenges Islam- Islamic Minister
- Ridwan’s case rejected by committee
- Joint ‘DOSTI’ Exercise by Indian Coastguard with Maldives and Sri Lanka
- STO shops will be open for business even if there is no electricity- STO
MPS inaugurates a new police station in Meedhoo
Maldives Police Service (MPS) has inaugurated a new police station in Raa Atoll Meedhoo as to improve security in that island.
In a formal ceremony held in Raa Meedhoo on 25th March 2013, the police station was formally inaugurated by the Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed and Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz.
After the inauguration Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz and Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed addressed the ceremony.
Speaking at the ceremony Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz expressed his satisfaction for introducing a police post in Raa. Meedhoo. He noted the importance of policing to every administrative region of the country.
In Commissioners’ remarks he also urged the citizens of Raa Meedhoo and general public to assist and cooperate with police officers in maintaining peace and harmony.
He also thanked Raa. Atoll council members for their remarkable assistance and cooperation in making the police post a reality.
In Minister’s speech he has highlighted the role and responsibility of police officers. He noted that the duty of police is not simply to enforce law but also to deliver services as desired by the citizens.
In yesterday’s ceremony, senior officers of MPS and government officials, council members and citizens of Raa Meedhoo were present at the ceremony.
With the opening of this new police station in Raa Meedhoo, at present there are 53 police posts functioning in atolls.