- 79 people apprehended in special operation of Police in Anbara
- Novelty book fair attracts 25,000 visitors
- Villa College campus opens in Mahibadhoo
- Makkah authorities brace for increased number of pilgrims
- Islamic discipline to be introduced as a subject in 2015 school curriculum
- Umrah groups waiting for Visa approval
- MIFCO to commence long line fishery with Maldivians
- Japan’s PM assured to assist Maldives in development projects- President
- MVR 16 million granted to develop 19 futsal stadiums
- JP opens opportunity to apply for Secretary General and Registrar
- Pakistan donates computer systems to Maldives Police Service
- Our aim is to provide medication through Aasandha- Adam Azim
- JP garnering more support because of the rise in support for Gasim’s ideology- Shifag
MPS inaugurates a new police station in Meedhoo
Maldives Police Service (MPS) has inaugurated a new police station in Raa Atoll Meedhoo as to improve security in that island.
In a formal ceremony held in Raa Meedhoo on 25th March 2013, the police station was formally inaugurated by the Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed and Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz.
After the inauguration Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz and Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed addressed the ceremony.
Speaking at the ceremony Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz expressed his satisfaction for introducing a police post in Raa. Meedhoo. He noted the importance of policing to every administrative region of the country.
In Commissioners’ remarks he also urged the citizens of Raa Meedhoo and general public to assist and cooperate with police officers in maintaining peace and harmony.
He also thanked Raa. Atoll council members for their remarkable assistance and cooperation in making the police post a reality.
In Minister’s speech he has highlighted the role and responsibility of police officers. He noted that the duty of police is not simply to enforce law but also to deliver services as desired by the citizens.
In yesterday’s ceremony, senior officers of MPS and government officials, council members and citizens of Raa Meedhoo were present at the ceremony.
With the opening of this new police station in Raa Meedhoo, at present there are 53 police posts functioning in atolls.