- JP wants to fulfill the promises of the govt- Ilham
- Maamigili Airport again to be upgraded to an international airport
- Former President Gayoom departs to Samoa
- Lower Court Judge Uz. Mohamed Easa Fulhu sworn in as a Member of JSC
- President to hold discussions with Gasim within next week
- Gasim initiated the works to establish SEZ- Mubeen
- Shahudee pleads to open tourist resorts in Haa Dhaal Atoll
- Indian Naval Ship Trikand to Joint exercise with MNDF
- Our hope is that the peace between Israel and Gaza will be permanent- Dhunya
- Reputation of Villa College internationally in South Asia and Europe will elevate- Dr. Dohem
- Passports of 4 individuals withheld in relation to Rilwan’s case
- President appoints Mohamed Sadiq as Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Minister of Islamic Affairs departs to Turkey, to attend the Presidential Handover ceremony
MPS inaugurates a new police station in Meedhoo
Maldives Police Service (MPS) has inaugurated a new police station in Raa Atoll Meedhoo as to improve security in that island.
In a formal ceremony held in Raa Meedhoo on 25th March 2013, the police station was formally inaugurated by the Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed and Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz.
After the inauguration Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz and Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed addressed the ceremony.
Speaking at the ceremony Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz expressed his satisfaction for introducing a police post in Raa. Meedhoo. He noted the importance of policing to every administrative region of the country.
In Commissioners’ remarks he also urged the citizens of Raa Meedhoo and general public to assist and cooperate with police officers in maintaining peace and harmony.
He also thanked Raa. Atoll council members for their remarkable assistance and cooperation in making the police post a reality.
In Minister’s speech he has highlighted the role and responsibility of police officers. He noted that the duty of police is not simply to enforce law but also to deliver services as desired by the citizens.
In yesterday’s ceremony, senior officers of MPS and government officials, council members and citizens of Raa Meedhoo were present at the ceremony.
With the opening of this new police station in Raa Meedhoo, at present there are 53 police posts functioning in atolls.