- We will win 25 seats from the 28- Gasim
- Initiative taken in M. Atoll to reduce pending cases
- Gasim vows to remain as coalition partner as long as the govt abides by the law
- Two taken into Police custody during search of H. Lucky Shade
- Thasmeen and Shahid tried to obstruct MDP govt- Mahloof
- Ilham Ahmed will never betray the religion and the nation- Umar
- Work on Dhangethi harbour will be commenced within the next three months- Ilham
- NSA level meeting on trilateral Maritime Security Cooperation between India, Sri Lanka and Maldives
- Coalition candidates will do nothing to harm the people- Gasim
- Serving the people will be guaranteed by electing Progressive coalition candidates- Ameen
- Minister Nazim calls on Indian PM
- Gasim calls the people to give President Yameen the opportunity to serve them
- Prince William and Kate, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Maldives
MPS inaugurates a new police station in Meedhoo
Maldives Police Service (MPS) has inaugurated a new police station in Raa Atoll Meedhoo as to improve security in that island.
In a formal ceremony held in Raa Meedhoo on 25th March 2013, the police station was formally inaugurated by the Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed and Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz.
After the inauguration Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz and Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed addressed the ceremony.
Speaking at the ceremony Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz expressed his satisfaction for introducing a police post in Raa. Meedhoo. He noted the importance of policing to every administrative region of the country.
In Commissioners’ remarks he also urged the citizens of Raa Meedhoo and general public to assist and cooperate with police officers in maintaining peace and harmony.
He also thanked Raa. Atoll council members for their remarkable assistance and cooperation in making the police post a reality.
In Minister’s speech he has highlighted the role and responsibility of police officers. He noted that the duty of police is not simply to enforce law but also to deliver services as desired by the citizens.
In yesterday’s ceremony, senior officers of MPS and government officials, council members and citizens of Raa Meedhoo were present at the ceremony.
With the opening of this new police station in Raa Meedhoo, at present there are 53 police posts functioning in atolls.