- President Yameen meets with his Sri Lankan Counterpart
- Addu City Council seat won by MDP, Velidhoo council seat won by MDA
- Minister Dunya to participate in the 69th session of the United Nations General Assembly
- We will new achievements in Carrom for Maldives- Mubeen
- Kaadehdhoo Airport again handed over to Villa
- Teachers should not hold the protest without meeting the President- Nihan
- SAARC meet proposes visa exemption for 50 eminent people
- Master plan to root out gang problem presented to President and AG
- Land plot allocated to build Waqf building in Addu City
- President Yameen departs on official visits to Sri Lanka and Singapore
- Request for EOI to design sewerage system in Addu city announced
- Police appeals Nasheed not to defame the Police with lies seeking fame
- A launch will be granted for every atoll- Health Minister
MPS inaugurates a new police station in Meedhoo
Maldives Police Service (MPS) has inaugurated a new police station in Raa Atoll Meedhoo as to improve security in that island.
In a formal ceremony held in Raa Meedhoo on 25th March 2013, the police station was formally inaugurated by the Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed and Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz.
After the inauguration Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz and Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed addressed the ceremony.
Speaking at the ceremony Commissioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz expressed his satisfaction for introducing a police post in Raa. Meedhoo. He noted the importance of policing to every administrative region of the country.
In Commissioners’ remarks he also urged the citizens of Raa Meedhoo and general public to assist and cooperate with police officers in maintaining peace and harmony.
He also thanked Raa. Atoll council members for their remarkable assistance and cooperation in making the police post a reality.
In Minister’s speech he has highlighted the role and responsibility of police officers. He noted that the duty of police is not simply to enforce law but also to deliver services as desired by the citizens.
In yesterday’s ceremony, senior officers of MPS and government officials, council members and citizens of Raa Meedhoo were present at the ceremony.
With the opening of this new police station in Raa Meedhoo, at present there are 53 police posts functioning in atolls.