- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
We will attend parliamentary committee meetings for technical assistance- Magistrates
The three magistrates of the Hulhumale’ Magistrate Court has stated that they will attend the Parliamentary Subcommittee on Government to provide technical assistance to the Peoples’ Majlis.
Department of Judicial Administration stated that since magistrates are judges of magistrate courts which is the lowest level of courts and since doubts has been raised whether judges can be summoned to Parliamentary Subcommittee on Government to hold them accountable in relation to the report of the Commission of National Inquirty (CoNI), when requested to make a decision regarding the matter, the Judicial Service Commission concluded that judges cannot be summoned to Majlis committees.
However, the commission informed that judges can attend committee meetings to provide technical assistance to the Majlis but they cannot be summoned to hold them accountable.