- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Nasheed notes the peoples’ adherence to Islamic principles in assisting the needy
Former President Mohamed Nasheed has said that he happily notes the adherence to Islamic principles shown by the people in assisting the needy.
Nasheed said that he is delighted to see that the people are exercising the beautiful principles prescribed in Islam in assisting the needy to relieve them from the extensive property damage caused by the ongoing series of torrential rain storms in the country.
Nasheed said that he shares in the loss caused to the people following widespread devastation caused by the heavy rain. He noted that the severe weather has caused extensive damage to the island communities and disrupted livelihoods.
Several islands in the north and the south of the country have reported flooding, and damages to houses and other properties. Most significantly, the strong winds and the rough sea have disrupted internal sea transport in the country, affecting several hundred fishermen.