- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
Nasheed notes the peoples’ adherence to Islamic principles in assisting the needy
Former President Mohamed Nasheed has said that he happily notes the adherence to Islamic principles shown by the people in assisting the needy.
Nasheed said that he is delighted to see that the people are exercising the beautiful principles prescribed in Islam in assisting the needy to relieve them from the extensive property damage caused by the ongoing series of torrential rain storms in the country.
Nasheed said that he shares in the loss caused to the people following widespread devastation caused by the heavy rain. He noted that the severe weather has caused extensive damage to the island communities and disrupted livelihoods.
Several islands in the north and the south of the country have reported flooding, and damages to houses and other properties. Most significantly, the strong winds and the rough sea have disrupted internal sea transport in the country, affecting several hundred fishermen.