- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Winning no confidence motion against President last work against govt- Ali Waheed
Thoddoo constituency MP Ali Waheed has said that winning the no confidence motion submitted against President Dr Mohamaed Waheed and Home Minister Dr Mohamed Jameel will be the most important and the last work of Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) against the current government.
Speaking to the media, MDP Parliamentary Group’s Vice President Ali Waheed said that MDP is now holding discussions with other political parties to win the no confidence motion against the President and the Home Minister.
Ali Waheed expressed confidence that MDP will win the no confidence motion. He said that there are many members of the Majlis who are dissatisfied by the current government’s actions in the past 8 months. He said that this is apparent from their statements in the debates in the Majlis sessions.
Ali Waheed said that there are three phases that should be completed to win the no confidence motion against President Dr Waheed and Home Minister Dr Jameel.
In addition to this Ali Waheed called the Finance Minister Abdullah Jihaad to continue giving the allowances granted to former Presidents to former President Mohamed Nasheed. He said that the MDP Parliamentary Group is ready to summon the Finance Minister to the Majlis to make him accountable for this.