- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Winning no confidence motion against President last work against govt- Ali Waheed
Thoddoo constituency MP Ali Waheed has said that winning the no confidence motion submitted against President Dr Mohamaed Waheed and Home Minister Dr Mohamed Jameel will be the most important and the last work of Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) against the current government.
Speaking to the media, MDP Parliamentary Group’s Vice President Ali Waheed said that MDP is now holding discussions with other political parties to win the no confidence motion against the President and the Home Minister.
Ali Waheed expressed confidence that MDP will win the no confidence motion. He said that there are many members of the Majlis who are dissatisfied by the current government’s actions in the past 8 months. He said that this is apparent from their statements in the debates in the Majlis sessions.
Ali Waheed said that there are three phases that should be completed to win the no confidence motion against President Dr Waheed and Home Minister Dr Jameel.
In addition to this Ali Waheed called the Finance Minister Abdullah Jihaad to continue giving the allowances granted to former Presidents to former President Mohamed Nasheed. He said that the MDP Parliamentary Group is ready to summon the Finance Minister to the Majlis to make him accountable for this.