- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
We will not let MDP win the no confidence motion against President- Thasmeen
Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) Leader Ahmed Thasmeen Ali has said that DRP will not let the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) to win the no confidence motion submitted against President Dr Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik and Minister of Home Affairs, Dr Mohamed Jameel.
Thasmeen said that MDP submitted the no confidence motion against the President and the Minister of Home Affairs of the current government and therefore DRP will not let MDP win this against anyone from the government coalition. He said that the DRP will not cooperate with MDP in any of their activities in the Peoples’ Majlis.
Thasmeen said that MDP is envious of the developments and achievements of the current government. He added that MDP wants to waste the time and effort of the Peoples’ Majlis by submitting such useless cases.
DRP Party Council has not yet decided the stand of DRP in this. Experts believe that MDP cannot win such motions in the Majlis without the support of DRP.