- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
We will not let MDP win the no confidence motion against President- Thasmeen
Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) Leader Ahmed Thasmeen Ali has said that DRP will not let the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) to win the no confidence motion submitted against President Dr Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik and Minister of Home Affairs, Dr Mohamed Jameel.
Thasmeen said that MDP submitted the no confidence motion against the President and the Minister of Home Affairs of the current government and therefore DRP will not let MDP win this against anyone from the government coalition. He said that the DRP will not cooperate with MDP in any of their activities in the Peoples’ Majlis.
Thasmeen said that MDP is envious of the developments and achievements of the current government. He added that MDP wants to waste the time and effort of the Peoples’ Majlis by submitting such useless cases.
DRP Party Council has not yet decided the stand of DRP in this. Experts believe that MDP cannot win such motions in the Majlis without the support of DRP.