- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
- Umar says he didn’t goto appeal committee because it’s under Yameen’s authority
- Nasheed won’t even succeed for the second round of elections- Gasim
- Recent assualts are gang related- CP
- Nasheed Launches MDP Policy on Agriculture
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- Police assist with flood relief in Ga.Villingilli
- 2 men arrested with suspicious narcotics
Voice of the youth must be heard- VP
Vice President Mohamed Waheed Deen has said that the voice of the youth must be heard, and the government should make its decisions based on the youth determination for a better future.
The Vice President made this remark while speaking at the launching of “Study tour to London” video documentary. The programme was organized by the Democracy House, Youth Leadership Programme, and UK Youth Exchange programme.
Noting that the youth of today will be leaders of this nation’s tomorrow, the Vice President said that neglecting to give them the attention they needed today would present a bitter tomorrow.
Speaking in this regard, the Vice President underlined that instead of blaming the youth, we must stop and think twice of why it happened, and that it was important to organize youth programmes in such a way that it incorporates youth participation.
“I would also like to point out that youth leadership programs are the most important programs in any nation. Youth and the youth leadership are most important for the future of a nation.”