- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Thasmeen does not know the Presidential candidate of PPM- PPM
Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) has stated that the leader of Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) Thasmeen Ali will not know the presidential candidate of PPM.
Rebutting the claims of Thasmeen in the public rally of DRP at Addu City that PPM and Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) are failed political parties with two failed political leaders as their presidential candidate, PPM Interim Vice President Abdur Raheem Abdullah informed Miadhu Daily that DRP Leader Thasmeen will not yet know the presidential candidate of PPM.
Abdur Raheem said that the presidential candidate of the PPM will be determined in a primary and prior to that Thasmeen will not know who the presidential candidate of the party will be. However he said that Thasmeen will now know who the failed political leader is.
Abdur Raheem said that Thasmeen should know that the people are aware of the failed party and the failed political leader. He said that DRP has lost its old luster.
He said that DRP used to boast a membership of 48000 members but now it has reduced to about 26,000 members. And the 28 members of DRP in the Peoples’ Majlis have now been reduced to only 14 members, he said. He said that when PPM was first registered there were 8 Majlis members and even after the death of MP Dr. Afrasheem Ali there are now 18 seats secured by PPM.
Moreover, Abdur Raheem said that there are currently more than 17,000 members registered at the Elections Commission and 9000 membership forms are still pending. He said that with all forms submitted to the commission the membership will reach more than 30,000.
Abdur Raheem said that PPM is the only party with a bright future and is the party with the most capable and educated youth.