- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
State Funeral held for Dr. Afrasheem
A state funeral was held to honour late Dr Afrasheem Ali, Peoples’ Majlis member of the Raa Ungoofaaru region, who was stabbed to death in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
MP Dr Afrasheem’s funeral prayer was held yesterday at Masjid Sultan MohamedThakurufaanu Alauzam after the Asr prayer. Thousands of people gathered at the mosque to pay the last respects to the late religious scholar and MP. And a large number of people prayed the funeral prayer for the deceased and also gathered at the state funeral held at “Aasahara” Cemetery. The Funeral Prayer was lead by former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom.
Vice President Mohamed Waheeddeen, cabinet ministers and many state dignitaries participated in the funeral. Speaker of the Peoples’ Majlis Abdullah Shahid, Chief Justice Ahmed Faiz and Former President Gayoom and many members of the Peoples’ Majlis were also present at the funeral.
Member of the Majlis for Ungoofaaru constituency in Raa Atoll, Dr. Afrasheem Ali was stabbed to death early Tuesday morning around 1:15 at his residence in Henveiru, Male’. Doctors assured to police that Dr. Afrasheem was dead before taken to ADK hospital. He was 46 years old when he was brutally murdered.
Commisioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz pledged to utilize all available resources to apprehend the perpetrators of this crime while President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan has urge for a state investigation to this case.