- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
State Funeral held for Dr. Afrasheem
A state funeral was held to honour late Dr Afrasheem Ali, Peoples’ Majlis member of the Raa Ungoofaaru region, who was stabbed to death in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
MP Dr Afrasheem’s funeral prayer was held yesterday at Masjid Sultan MohamedThakurufaanu Alauzam after the Asr prayer. Thousands of people gathered at the mosque to pay the last respects to the late religious scholar and MP. And a large number of people prayed the funeral prayer for the deceased and also gathered at the state funeral held at “Aasahara” Cemetery. The Funeral Prayer was lead by former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom.
Vice President Mohamed Waheeddeen, cabinet ministers and many state dignitaries participated in the funeral. Speaker of the Peoples’ Majlis Abdullah Shahid, Chief Justice Ahmed Faiz and Former President Gayoom and many members of the Peoples’ Majlis were also present at the funeral.
Member of the Majlis for Ungoofaaru constituency in Raa Atoll, Dr. Afrasheem Ali was stabbed to death early Tuesday morning around 1:15 at his residence in Henveiru, Male’. Doctors assured to police that Dr. Afrasheem was dead before taken to ADK hospital. He was 46 years old when he was brutally murdered.
Commisioner of Police Abdulla Riyaz pledged to utilize all available resources to apprehend the perpetrators of this crime while President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan has urge for a state investigation to this case.