- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
State expenditure audit is to be completed by the end of December- Auditor General
The Auditor General Niyaz Ibrahim has said that the State expenditure audit is to be completed by the end of December. He said this yesterday at the 52nd meeting of the Public Accounts Committee held yesterday and answered in response to questions by Dhidhoo MP Ahmed Sameer over the proposal that the Parliament take action against the government after it allegedly obtained an MRF 300 million loan from the Bank of Maldives (BML) without consulting legislature.
At the meeting, the Auditor General stressed that it would be determined whether the government had acquired the loans in accordance with the laws and regulations.
He said that the information on State debt guarantees had been received yesterday and stressed that the audit can only be expedited based on the level of cooperation received from the relevant authorities.
Additionally, the issue of the alleged MRF 24 million fraud, in 2009 and 2010 by the Disaster Management Center (DMC) is scheduled to be reviewed by the Public Accounts Committee.
Members who attended the meeting were the Chair Ahmed Nazim, Dhidhoo MP Ahmed Sameer, Nolhivaram MP Mohamed Nasheed, Bilaidhoo MP Ahmed Hamza, Hulhu-Meedhoo MP Ilyas Labeeb, South Fuahmulaku MP Abdulla Maseeh Mohamed, Fuahmulaku MP Abdullah Maseeh Mohamed, Mulaku MP Abdulla Yameen, Maduvvari MP Visam Ali, Eydhafushi MP Ahmed Saleem and Vilufushi MP Riyaz Rasheed, Alifushi MP Mohamed Nashiz, Kaashidhoo MP Mohamed Jabir.