- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
State expenditure audit is to be completed by the end of December- Auditor General
The Auditor General Niyaz Ibrahim has said that the State expenditure audit is to be completed by the end of December. He said this yesterday at the 52nd meeting of the Public Accounts Committee held yesterday and answered in response to questions by Dhidhoo MP Ahmed Sameer over the proposal that the Parliament take action against the government after it allegedly obtained an MRF 300 million loan from the Bank of Maldives (BML) without consulting legislature.
At the meeting, the Auditor General stressed that it would be determined whether the government had acquired the loans in accordance with the laws and regulations.
He said that the information on State debt guarantees had been received yesterday and stressed that the audit can only be expedited based on the level of cooperation received from the relevant authorities.
Additionally, the issue of the alleged MRF 24 million fraud, in 2009 and 2010 by the Disaster Management Center (DMC) is scheduled to be reviewed by the Public Accounts Committee.
Members who attended the meeting were the Chair Ahmed Nazim, Dhidhoo MP Ahmed Sameer, Nolhivaram MP Mohamed Nasheed, Bilaidhoo MP Ahmed Hamza, Hulhu-Meedhoo MP Ilyas Labeeb, South Fuahmulaku MP Abdulla Maseeh Mohamed, Fuahmulaku MP Abdullah Maseeh Mohamed, Mulaku MP Abdulla Yameen, Maduvvari MP Visam Ali, Eydhafushi MP Ahmed Saleem and Vilufushi MP Riyaz Rasheed, Alifushi MP Mohamed Nashiz, Kaashidhoo MP Mohamed Jabir.