- Vice President calls for greater private sector engagement for effective health care delivery
- An individual suspected of being involved in large scale drug trafficking arrested
- President highlights bilateral cooperation between Maldives and Japan
- Shifag underscores importance of strengthening JP to achieve international success
- We will make our services agreeable for the people – Islamic Minister
- Kidney diseases and cancer treatments to be provided from the islands- Dr. Shakeela
- Child Support Trust Account to be established
- OPD duty at IGMH for all specialties to be harmonized
- Government Proposes Amendments to Three Revenue Bills
- Defence Minister returns to Male’ after concluding official visit to India
- Former President Waheed returns home to a warm welcome
- Trilateral security group of India, Maldives and Sri Lanka to be expanded
- No nepotism in JP- Imad
Rivals believe that MDP will win the Presidential Election- Nasheed
Presidential candidate of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP), former President Mohamed Nasheed has said that the rival of his party believe that MDP will win the upcoming Presidential Election.
Former President Nasheed made this remark at the campaign rally held at G.Dh Thinadhoo harbor yesterday night. He said that the rival political parties believe that his will win the election and therefore are plotting to prevent him from partaking in the election.
“All political parties in the Maldives believe that we will win the 2013 Presidential Election. And that is why they are trying to destroy me to prevent me from partaking in the election,” he said.
Nasheed assured the member of his party that his name will be on the ballot papers of the election. He said that the people should not raise concern over it.
“My name will be among the Presidential candidates so no one should be worried about it. We will win it for sure,” he said.
Nasheed said that he hears people stating that the election will face a second round. He said that some people even question on who will be competing in the second round. Nasheed said that he is sure that he will win the election in the first round.
Nasheed said that MDP is treading upon the path of democracy. “In democracy, the candidate should inform the people on what he will do in service of the people when he is elected. My rivals are now focusing on for how many years they should imprison me,” he said.
Nasheed said that they can chain him or arrest him but he will not leave his work to establish democracy for the people.