- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
Responsibility of teaching is the backbone of development- VP
Vice President Mohamed Waheed Deen has said that the responsibility of teaching is the backbone of development and progress.
He made this remark at the inauguration of the International Teachers Conference 2012 at a ceremony held yesterday morning at Maldives National University. This conference is the first International Teachers Conference held in the Maldives.
While speaking at the ceremony, Vice President noted that this is the most important event for celebrating teacher’s day 2012 organized by the Minister of Education. He also noted that this conference is aimed to reinforce the culture of academic research among teachers and educators in the Maldives.
Speaking in this regard Vice President highlighted that this conference invites the international educational research community to take part in the conference serving as a platform for teachers to come together and share their research and experience with other professionals from the Maldives and other countries.
In addition, Vice President noted that this conference will help the role of teachers and principals in the social transformation in the Maldives and will educate role of teachers and principals in building a democratic leadership in the school.
In conclusion, Vice President said that he is very confident that this International Teachers Conference will open new doors and will bring new ideas to develop better teachers in the future.