- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Responsibility of teaching is the backbone of development- VP
Vice President Mohamed Waheed Deen has said that the responsibility of teaching is the backbone of development and progress.
He made this remark at the inauguration of the International Teachers Conference 2012 at a ceremony held yesterday morning at Maldives National University. This conference is the first International Teachers Conference held in the Maldives.
While speaking at the ceremony, Vice President noted that this is the most important event for celebrating teacher’s day 2012 organized by the Minister of Education. He also noted that this conference is aimed to reinforce the culture of academic research among teachers and educators in the Maldives.
Speaking in this regard Vice President highlighted that this conference invites the international educational research community to take part in the conference serving as a platform for teachers to come together and share their research and experience with other professionals from the Maldives and other countries.
In addition, Vice President noted that this conference will help the role of teachers and principals in the social transformation in the Maldives and will educate role of teachers and principals in building a democratic leadership in the school.
In conclusion, Vice President said that he is very confident that this International Teachers Conference will open new doors and will bring new ideas to develop better teachers in the future.