- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
- Umar says he didn’t goto appeal committee because it’s under Yameen’s authority
- Nasheed won’t even succeed for the second round of elections- Gasim
- Recent assualts are gang related- CP
- Nasheed Launches MDP Policy on Agriculture
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- Police assist with flood relief in Ga.Villingilli
- 2 men arrested with suspicious narcotics
President Waheed calls upon everyone to carry forward the work against HIV / AIDS
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has expressed gratitude to the participants of the “Enhancing the Response to HIV / AIDS in Maldives” programme, for their contribution to the work being done against AIDS in Maldives, saying that now it was upon all of us to carry it forward.
The President made this remark while speaking at the closing ceremony of the programme held at Traders Hotel last evening. He said that the Global Fund contributions ended not because the need for the work that is being done had come to an end. The President also pointed out that we now had to master all the resources available, to stand up to the challenge and be able to carry the work forward.
Underlining that any work related to a sensitive issue such as HIV / AIDS was not an easy task, the President congratulated the contributors for their very creative and productive work.
Further, the President called upon everyone to bring together their efforts and make sure that the programme was adequately funded, and taken forward.
“I will do all I can to support this programme, and hopefully very soon discuss with the relevant officials particularly the Ministry of Health and all other relevant organizations, to find a way to ensure the continued progress of the programme”.