- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
President Waheed calls upon everyone to carry forward the work against HIV / AIDS
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has expressed gratitude to the participants of the “Enhancing the Response to HIV / AIDS in Maldives” programme, for their contribution to the work being done against AIDS in Maldives, saying that now it was upon all of us to carry it forward.
The President made this remark while speaking at the closing ceremony of the programme held at Traders Hotel last evening. He said that the Global Fund contributions ended not because the need for the work that is being done had come to an end. The President also pointed out that we now had to master all the resources available, to stand up to the challenge and be able to carry the work forward.
Underlining that any work related to a sensitive issue such as HIV / AIDS was not an easy task, the President congratulated the contributors for their very creative and productive work.
Further, the President called upon everyone to bring together their efforts and make sure that the programme was adequately funded, and taken forward.
“I will do all I can to support this programme, and hopefully very soon discuss with the relevant officials particularly the Ministry of Health and all other relevant organizations, to find a way to ensure the continued progress of the programme”.