- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
PPM wins three by-elections
Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) has won all three by-elections held yesterday.
PPM spokesperson, Galolhu dhekunu constituency MP Ahmed Mahloof informed Miadhu Daily that PPM won the by-election for Meemu Atoll Council, Bilehdhoo island council, and Laamu Maabaidhoo island council.
Mahloof said that PPM candidate secured 677 votes in Meemu Atoll council by-election while MDP candidate got 478 votes and DRP candidate got 187 votes. He said that PPM won 395 votes in Bilehdhoo island council by-election while MDP candidate got only 343 votes.
In addition to this, PPM secured 198 votes in Maabaidhoo island council by-election while MDP candidate got 167 votes.
Mahloof said that PPM has been winning every election held so far because the people are fully assured that PPM’s policies are more attuned to the needs of the people. He said that the results of all the elections held so far is evidence that the future of Maldivian politics is for the PPM.