- Pest control operation in Dh. Kudahuvadhoo
- 2 apprehended and 1 being sought in relation to case of assault
- Police delegation returns from training with the FBI
- President Waheed reaffirms commitment to improve the standard of IGMH
- Police help rescue Snorkeler who went missing
- EU Ambassador pays farewell call on President Waheed
- President’s Office directs all govt offices to participate winners of national Quran competitions at official functions
- 23rd Session of the Human Rights Council concludes in Geneva
- JP congress to be held on July 10
- AK underscores the importance of more people joining to get economic freedom
- Home Ministry requests all to refrain from painting public areas in political colours
- Police begins eradicating graffiti from the walls of Male’ City
- Individual found dead in Bilehdhoo
PPM wins three by-elections
Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) has won all three by-elections held yesterday.
PPM spokesperson, Galolhu dhekunu constituency MP Ahmed Mahloof informed Miadhu Daily that PPM won the by-election for Meemu Atoll Council, Bilehdhoo island council, and Laamu Maabaidhoo island council.
Mahloof said that PPM candidate secured 677 votes in Meemu Atoll council by-election while MDP candidate got 478 votes and DRP candidate got 187 votes. He said that PPM won 395 votes in Bilehdhoo island council by-election while MDP candidate got only 343 votes.
In addition to this, PPM secured 198 votes in Maabaidhoo island council by-election while MDP candidate got 167 votes.
Mahloof said that PPM has been winning every election held so far because the people are fully assured that PPM’s policies are more attuned to the needs of the people. He said that the results of all the elections held so far is evidence that the future of Maldivian politics is for the PPM.