- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Our highest priority in executing democracy should be to maintain harmony- President
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has said that our highest priority in executing the democratic system should be to maintain harmony among the people.
The President made this remark while speaking to the people of Hulhudheli of Dhaalu Atoll, as the last stop of his tour of some islands in Dhaalu Atoll.
Noting that splitting up societies was completely against the norms of democracy, the President said that in the last couple of years the Maldives experienced democracy to be something that divides communities and creates conflict.
In his speech, the President said that the political system in the Maldives had transformed very much with the adoption of the new constitution.
Highlighting the challenges faced in implementing the constitution, President Waheed stressed that we should never, for any reason, act against the morality of the constitution. He further said that we should all give importance to establish peace and unity among the people.