- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Not the least saddened that the govt was toppled through a coup- Nasheed
Power is not something granted by Thasmeen or Yameen
Former President Mohamed Nasheed has said that he is not the least saddened that his government was toppled through a coup.
Nasheed made this remark speaking at the campaign rally of M. Mulah, Ibrahim Latheef, candidate of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) for M. Atoll Council.
Nasheed said that he will be returning back to power in the near future and Mulaku island’s development will reach to new heights after coming back to power. He said that the coup leaders who toppled his government are confused on how to run the government and that has resulted in negligence in maintaining many development projects initiated by his government.
The former President noted that many government institutions have over due electricity bills. He said that the transport system is now been stopped. He said that the incapability of the government is very apparent and clear to the public now.
Nasheed said that it is important to check the state account daily. He said that the government is not granting the wages of the people because of the negligence in checking the state account daily.
Moreover, Nasheed said that power and authority is not something granted by the PPM Parliamentary Group Leader Abdullah Yameen or DRP Leader Ahmed Thasmeen Ali. He said that power and authority is something granted by Allah. He added that therefore he does not hesitate to continue to move forward and he is not intimidated by Yameen, Thasmeen, Gasim and other than them. He expressed confidence in winning the 2013 presidential elections easily.