- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
Maldives is in need of a third ideology, Gasim’s ideology- Gasim
Jumhooree Party leader Gasim Ibrahim has said that the Maldives is now in need of a third ideology after the ideology of the former Presidents Maumoon Abdul Gayoom and Mohamed Nasheed. He said that the third ideology is the ideology of Gasim.
Gasim Ibrahim made this remark speaking at the ceremony held to inaugurate Jumhooree Party’s Noor branch in H.Dh. Nolhivaram.
“Gasim’s ideology is that no person in Maldives should leave this world because he or she did not get proper medical treatment. Gasim’s ideology is to open opportunities for higher education for every student even if the student does not have the financial means to achieve it. Gasim’s ideology is to establish justice and equality. Gasim’s ideology is to establish harmony among the people and to establish Islamic principles,” he said.
Gasim said that he may not be an orator but he is a person who will bring results in striving to attain success for the people and the nation. He said that charm and flowing words is not enough to resolve the issues faced by the people.
Gasim said that if the results of the 2013 elections is to be based on what the presidential candidates running the election has done for the people and the country than he will win 99 percent of the votes.
Gasim said that he wants to do good for the people with his own hands. He said that he is going to run for presidency for the people.