- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Lessons should be learned from past mistakes- Gayoom
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has said that lessons should be learned from the mistakes of his 30 year rule and former President Mohamed Nasheed’s three year rule.
The interim President of the Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) made this remark speaking at the inauguration of the PPM’s campaign activities in Lh. Naifaru. He said that the mistakes of his government and the government of Nasheed should never be repeated and lessons should be learned from those mistakes.
Gayoom said that PPM is not a party which will sow hatred and enmity on other parties. He said that PPM is the only party which will sincerely work and strive hard for the betterment of the Maldivian nation and its people.
Moreover, Gayoom said that PPM’s visit to Naifaru was to reignite the spirit of the party in the island and to expedite the activities.
PPM Interim Vice President Abdur Raheem, Parliamentary Group Leader Abdullah Yaameen, members of the Peoples’ Majlis and council members of the party also participated in the campaign tour to Naifaru.
Many of the islanders gave Gayoom a warm welcome during his visit. He returned back to Male’ yesterday morning.