- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
- Umar says he didn’t goto appeal committee because it’s under Yameen’s authority
- Nasheed won’t even succeed for the second round of elections- Gasim
- Recent assualts are gang related- CP
- Nasheed Launches MDP Policy on Agriculture
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- Police assist with flood relief in Ga.Villingilli
- 2 men arrested with suspicious narcotics
It’s the duty of each Civil Servant to provide responsible Public Service-VP
Vice President Mohamed Waheed Deen has said that it was the duty of each civil servant to provide responsible public service to the people.
The Vice President made this remark while speaking at the Civil Service Innovation Award ceremony held yesterday morning at the Islamic Centre function hall.
The Vice President said that a service provider should make it a point to provide pleasant service to the people. And that if this pleasant attitude was not present at all levels of the organization, it could be considered as dishonest service.
Speaking at the ceremony, the Vice President noted that civil servants’ work was much underappreciated, and that their wage system too, must be revised. He further said that we should all acknowledge the hard working staff of the civil service sector.
In his speech, Vice President Waheed Deen noted that this award introduced by the Civil Service Commission was a sign of the importance given by the Commission to ensure high quality public service in the country.
The Vice President especially noted the work being done by the Civil Service Training Institute in producing competent civil servants, and expressed his appreciation for their work. He also assured of the government’s continuous support and assistance.
Vice President Mohamed Waheed Deen gave away the awards to those organizations who achieved the Civil Service Innovation Award this year.