- Pest control operation in Dh. Kudahuvadhoo
- 2 apprehended and 1 being sought in relation to case of assault
- Police delegation returns from training with the FBI
- President Waheed reaffirms commitment to improve the standard of IGMH
- Police help rescue Snorkeler who went missing
- EU Ambassador pays farewell call on President Waheed
- President’s Office directs all govt offices to participate winners of national Quran competitions at official functions
- 23rd Session of the Human Rights Council concludes in Geneva
- JP congress to be held on July 10
- AK underscores the importance of more people joining to get economic freedom
- Home Ministry requests all to refrain from painting public areas in political colours
- Police begins eradicating graffiti from the walls of Male’ City
- Individual found dead in Bilehdhoo
Home Minister encourages Police to be steadfast to their duties
Minister of Home Affairs Dr Mohamed Jameel Ahmed has encouraged Police to remain steadfast in the execution of their duties.
Home Minister Dr Jameel made this remark at a meeting held in Noonu Atoll Manadhoo. He reminded the Police that they are performing a service that society needs and urged that they remain steadfast in the execution of their duties.
Dr Jameel said that the state spends a lot on the Police and if there are no positive results than all the expenditure of the state on the Police will be a waste. He said that all Police officers should take their responsibilities seriously and are expected to project a positive image.
Stating that establishing a proper police service was necessary for public safety and security, the Minister urged the police to respect human rights and human dignity when carrying out their duties.
During the meeting, Commissioner of Police Abdullah Riyaz said that police to be honest and steadfast in discharging their duties as police officers. He said that the Police officers have training opportunities to developing their ability to grapple with the ever-changing dynamics of our society as they are required to have clear and objective thinking and wise and skillful decision-making skills.