- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
GMR cannot be thrown out and I cannot be imprisoned- Nasheed
Former President Mohamed Nasheed has said that the GMR agreement cannot be annulled and he cannot be imprisoned.
Nasheed made this remark at his campaign rally held at Fuvahmulah. He said that he cannot be imprisoned over the charges raised against him by the Prosecutor General. Nasheed also said that GMR’s agreement cannot be annulled and they cannot be thrown out of the country. He did not go into the details on the GMR issue.
In view of the arrest of Criminal Court Chief Judge Abdullah Mohamed, Nasheed said that the arrest of a judge is not a trivial case but the one who perpetrates such an action should not be prosecuted on the Act related to the offense of not switching on the lights of a vehicle at night.
Nasheed said that he had to keep Chief Judge Abdullah Mohamed in detention when the then Chief of Police Ahmed Faseeh, Chief of Defence Force Moosa Ali Jaleel, Minister of Home Affairs and Minister of Defence Force told him that the judge is a threat to national security.
“It was us not efficiently rectifying the judiciary that led to coup. I am not the least sad. It was something we were obliged to do. In reality our failure to do it efficiently led to this coup,” he said.
Noting that he accepts the report of the Commission of National Inquiry, Nasheed said that the power was transferred through a coup and Judge Abdullah came back from his detention in Girifushi as a celebrity.