- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Gasim to provide dredger free of charge for the development of Gan Airport
Villa groups Chairman, local philanthropist Gasim Ibrahim has said that he is ready to provide dredger free of charge for the development of Gan Airport.
Gaism said that Gan Airport is an invaluable asset of the people of Addu City and it is necessary to protect and safeguard the airport for the people of Addu. He said that this project will cost a lot and he is ready to help in any way he could. He said that he will provide all help in land reclamation.
“We have two dredgers. I am more than happy to provide them free of charge for this project,” he said.
Gasim said that records show that all the possessions in Gan Airport costs about 200 million US dollars and it is unjust to lease 30 percent of it for only 3.6 million dollars.
“The state has granted this asset to three companies of the government for free. So when 30 percent of it is sold to a public company the seller will get it without having to pay any fee to the government. This cannot be accepted,” he said.
Gasim said that the Gan Airport is the right of the people of Addu City and they should benefit from this. “In other world countries, regional airports are not managed by the main government. But by the city. Therefore, when Addu City will be getting the airport it is a great loss for the people of Addu that it is not under the government’s authority,” he said.