- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Former Presidents monthly allowance should not exceed MRF 50,000- Rozaina
Thulusdhoo MP Rozaina Adam has called not to pass a monthly allowance exceeding MRF 50,000 to the former Presidents.
Rozaina made the remark yesterday at the Peoples’ Majlis, speaking on the “Bill on Amendments to Former Presidents’ Immunity and Privileges Act (Act No. 9/2009) tabled by Riyaz Rasheed, MP for Vilufushi constituency.
“The period of the rule should not have to be a factor on which the allowance is based. If the President ruled for a long period than he would have taken privilege from the money of the people for a longer time. Therefore, I do not accept this difference in granting these privileges,” he said.
Rozaina said that the privileges and allowances are granted to former Presidents so that they can live with honour but however this is not witnessed from the former Presidents.
“Presidents who ruled for a long period have the opportunity to join the UN. Gayoom got this opportunity. However he did not use it. He still wants to run for Presidency,” she said.