- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Dr. Afrasheem’s services are irreplaceable- Gayoom
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, the interim President of the Peoples’ Progressive Party (PPM) of the Maldives has said that the late religious scholar and member of the Peoples’ Majlis, Dr. Afrasheem Ali’s services to Islam and the nation are irreplaceable and no one else can compete with him in this even in the next 50 years.
Gayoom said this at the public rally of the PPM held at Ungoofaaru in the memory of Dr. Afrasheem Ali who was brutally murdered recently. He said that Dr. Afrasheem’s services to foster the correct Islamic education are priceless.
The former President also said that Dr. Afrasheem’s services to Islam and the nation will never be forgotten and no religious scholar has strived as bravely and courageously as Dr. Afrasheem,
Gayoom said that the attack against Dr. Afrasheem is not an attack specifically targeted against one individual or one island or one region. He said that the arrack on Dr. Afrasheem is an attack against the Islamic unity and the sovereignty of the Maldives.
Gayoom said that Dr. Afrasheem was a highly educated religious scholar of a rare caliber. He said that the late MP had made great efforts in serving the religion and the nation and worked tirelessly to foster Islamic education in the country.
Gayoom said that Dr. Afrasheem was a highly educated religious scholar of a rare caliber. He said that the late MP had made great efforts in serving the religion and the nation and worked tirelessly to foster Islamic education in the country via TV and other means.
The former President said that the death of Afrasheem is an irreplaceable loss to Maldives. He said that it is saddening that the country has lost a great scholar who became victim to an act of barbarism and cowardice.
He expressed hopes that the perpetrators of this heinous crime will be caught and brought to justice through the court process.