- Sri Lanka, India and Maldives take part in trilateral maritime exercise
- Shelters to be built in Hulhule’ ferry service area
- SAARC Secretary General Saleem calls on the President
- It is not permissible for Muslims to enter temples, churches and synagogues- Fiqh Academy
- Wide variety of programs for the youth to be commenced- Maleeh
- Budget problems will be solved when the authorities are made accountable for state expenses- Amir
- Ali Hameed underscores importance of increasing the state reserve
- Japan grants aid of 200 million Yen to Maldives
- Germany grants 3 million Euro project to support for climate neutrality strategy of the Maldives
- President Yameen and First Lady accept invitation for an official visit to Japan
- Postage Stamp Museum inaugurated
- We will seek out drug dealers from which ever country they hide- Home Minister
- Govt wants to reduce taxi fares- Minister
Dr. Afrasheem’s services are irreplaceable- Gayoom
Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, the interim President of the Peoples’ Progressive Party (PPM) of the Maldives has said that the late religious scholar and member of the Peoples’ Majlis, Dr. Afrasheem Ali’s services to Islam and the nation are irreplaceable and no one else can compete with him in this even in the next 50 years.
Gayoom said this at the public rally of the PPM held at Ungoofaaru in the memory of Dr. Afrasheem Ali who was brutally murdered recently. He said that Dr. Afrasheem’s services to foster the correct Islamic education are priceless.
The former President also said that Dr. Afrasheem’s services to Islam and the nation will never be forgotten and no religious scholar has strived as bravely and courageously as Dr. Afrasheem,
Gayoom said that the attack against Dr. Afrasheem is not an attack specifically targeted against one individual or one island or one region. He said that the arrack on Dr. Afrasheem is an attack against the Islamic unity and the sovereignty of the Maldives.
Gayoom said that Dr. Afrasheem was a highly educated religious scholar of a rare caliber. He said that the late MP had made great efforts in serving the religion and the nation and worked tirelessly to foster Islamic education in the country.
Gayoom said that Dr. Afrasheem was a highly educated religious scholar of a rare caliber. He said that the late MP had made great efforts in serving the religion and the nation and worked tirelessly to foster Islamic education in the country via TV and other means.
The former President said that the death of Afrasheem is an irreplaceable loss to Maldives. He said that it is saddening that the country has lost a great scholar who became victim to an act of barbarism and cowardice.
He expressed hopes that the perpetrators of this heinous crime will be caught and brought to justice through the court process.