- Shahid announced war with his speech to garner votes- Nihan
- SAARC Speakers of Parliament call on President Yameen
- Shangri-La’s Villingili claims highest peak in Maldives
- CP warns drug traffickers
- Re-registration receives a cold welcome- Elections
- Shameem says he wanted to stay neutral in Presidential Election
- Sri Lanka, India and Maldives take part in trilateral maritime exercise
- Shelters to be built in Hulhule’ ferry service area
- SAARC Secretary General Saleem calls on the President
- It is not permissible for Muslims to enter temples, churches and synagogues- Fiqh Academy
- Wide variety of programs for the youth to be commenced- Maleeh
- Budget problems will be solved when the authorities are made accountable for state expenses- Amir
- Ali Hameed underscores importance of increasing the state reserve
Do not oppose the Shariah in the guise of democracy and human rights- Mufti
-All systems other than Islamic Shariah are unjust and false systems
The current Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, the President of the Permanent Committee for Religious Verdicts of Saudi Arabia, and the Head of the Organization of Senior Scholars of Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Abdul-azeez bin Abdillah Aal ash-Sheikh has called the Muslims not to oppose the Islamic Shariah in the guise of democracy and human rights.
The Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah said on Thursday in the Hajj Sermon at Masjid an-Nimra where around 3 million Muslims are present in Arafah.
“Religion is only what the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was sent with, no other religion would be accepted,” he said.
The learned Sheikh said that Islam is being maligned in the name of freedom of speech and democracy. He said all other systems other than Islamic Shariah are false and misguided. He noted that said the Islamic nation has been tainted with problems and hardships and Islam is the only way out. The Muslims can overcome all difficulties with their Islamic solidarity.
The Muslims should overcome their differences and work with mutual consultation, he said. He called upon the Muslim community to follow teachings of Islam to promote peace and brotherhood.
Calling people to follow the teachings of Quran and Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him), Sheikh said Muslims should ask Allah alone for help. He said that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah alone.
The grand mufti noted that true taqwa (piety) can only be attained by testifying to the Oneness of Allah in all of the Muslim’s life. He said that it is for that sole purpose that the mankind and the jinn were created for.
“O Nation of Islam. Verily, piety is in testifying with your statements and action that Allah alone is worthy of worship. It is by implementing this testimony of faith that all success and good can be achieved in this world and in after life,” Sheikh Abdul Azeez said.
Furthermore, the Sheikh said that this creed of the Oneness of Allah is the foundational principle of Islam and is the foremost pillar from the pillars of Islam.
The sermon was watched by millions of Muslims in all parts of the world. The Pilgrims spend the day in Mt. Arafat in prayers and supplication and proceeded to Muzudalifa to spend the night there before going to Mina where they will celebrate Eid and cast pebbles to the Jamrat and make animal sacrifice.