- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Developments cannot be brought to a country not implementing law- Gasim
Jumhooree Party (JP) Leader Gasim Ibrahim said that developments cannot be brought to a nation which does not implement the law.
Gasim Ibrahim made this remark meeting the media at Ibrahim Nasir International Airport following his return to Maldives after a tour to Europe.
Gasim underscored the importance of safeguarding the welfare of the society and the people. He said that countries like Singapore and UAE are thriving nations because they take a keen interest in safeguarding the welfare and good of their nation and their people. He said that this can be done only by implementing the rule of law.
Gasim said that a joint effort is needed to resolve the issues in the society. He said that the people and the respected independent institutions should work hand in hand to resolve the issues.
“Now the current state of the country is we are not sure whether we would return home safely. The people are living in fear. When the husband goes out the wife and the children are left in fear. And when the wife and children go out the same thing happens to the husband. Everyone’s’ role in resolving this issue and safeguarding this nation,” he said.
Gayoom said that the steps taken by an independent institution might be a burden on some people. He said that he believes that such actions are necessary.