- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Developments cannot be brought to a country not implementing law- Gasim
Jumhooree Party (JP) Leader Gasim Ibrahim said that developments cannot be brought to a nation which does not implement the law.
Gasim Ibrahim made this remark meeting the media at Ibrahim Nasir International Airport following his return to Maldives after a tour to Europe.
Gasim underscored the importance of safeguarding the welfare of the society and the people. He said that countries like Singapore and UAE are thriving nations because they take a keen interest in safeguarding the welfare and good of their nation and their people. He said that this can be done only by implementing the rule of law.
Gasim said that a joint effort is needed to resolve the issues in the society. He said that the people and the respected independent institutions should work hand in hand to resolve the issues.
“Now the current state of the country is we are not sure whether we would return home safely. The people are living in fear. When the husband goes out the wife and the children are left in fear. And when the wife and children go out the same thing happens to the husband. Everyone’s’ role in resolving this issue and safeguarding this nation,” he said.
Gayoom said that the steps taken by an independent institution might be a burden on some people. He said that he believes that such actions are necessary.