- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
Chinese top leader Mr. Li Changchun visits Maldives
Mr. Li Changchun. Member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of the People’s Republic of China has arrived to Maldives this afternoon.
He was given a warm welcome at the Ibrahim Nasir International Airport. Foreign Minister Dr. Abdul Samad Abadulla received Mr. Li on arrival with senior officials of the Government along with Members of Peoples’ Majlis.
The high ranked leader of China is on an official two day visit to Maldives. Immediately after his arrival Mr. Lee and Foreign Minister Dr. Samad held talks on consolidating and deepening China’s diplomatic and economic relationship with Maldives.
Mr. Lee said that the ties of friendship and cooperation between the two countries forged over the past forty years will continue to be of mutual benefit and lead to further prosperity for the people of China and Maldives. He noted that the Maldives is an important nation in South Asia and the China-Maldives relations have been a model for shaping the ties between big and small nations.
He said that the development of relations between China and the Maldivians serves the fundamental interests of the two peoples as well as maintaining the regional peace, stability and prosperity
The visiting China’s fifth highest-ranked leader is scheduled to meet President Dr Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik and Speaker of the Peoples’ Majlis Abdullah Shahid tomorrow.