- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Bodu Thiladhunmathi Tour will be concluded by toppling the coup govt- Dhidhoo Council member
President Waheed is a dictator worse than Gayoom and Nasheed
Ha. Dhidhoo Council member Abdullah Waheed has said that the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP)’s tour to Bodu Thiladhunmathi will be concluded by toppling the coup government.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Dhidhoo council MDP member Abdullah Waheed said that this tour will be concluded by bringing an end to the current government. He said that MDP is expected to get a much bigger support than what the party got in the southern atolls.
Abdullah said that a leader of a country should always be a person who was elected by the people. He said that a person who comes to power by force cannot be regarded as a legitimate leader.
He said that even if an election is to be held today, MDP will win against the current government coalition easily. He said that coalition is in a state of confusion. He said that this is a subject of legal debate.
Abdullah said that the current government is an MDP government. He said that it is acceptable tht Jumhoree Party, Qaumee Party and the Adhaalath Party are in the coalition but it is never possible to have DRP and PPM in the coalition.
Furthermore, Abdullah said that President Dr. Mohamed Waheed is a much worse dictator than former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom and former President Nasheed.