- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Bodu Thiladhunmathi Tour will be concluded by toppling the coup govt- Dhidhoo Council member
President Waheed is a dictator worse than Gayoom and Nasheed
Ha. Dhidhoo Council member Abdullah Waheed has said that the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP)’s tour to Bodu Thiladhunmathi will be concluded by toppling the coup government.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Dhidhoo council MDP member Abdullah Waheed said that this tour will be concluded by bringing an end to the current government. He said that MDP is expected to get a much bigger support than what the party got in the southern atolls.
Abdullah said that a leader of a country should always be a person who was elected by the people. He said that a person who comes to power by force cannot be regarded as a legitimate leader.
He said that even if an election is to be held today, MDP will win against the current government coalition easily. He said that coalition is in a state of confusion. He said that this is a subject of legal debate.
Abdullah said that the current government is an MDP government. He said that it is acceptable tht Jumhoree Party, Qaumee Party and the Adhaalath Party are in the coalition but it is never possible to have DRP and PPM in the coalition.
Furthermore, Abdullah said that President Dr. Mohamed Waheed is a much worse dictator than former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom and former President Nasheed.