- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Airport will be reclaimed and 7 Feb 2013 will be a happy day for Maldives- Sheikh Imran
President of the Adhaalath Party, Sheikh Imran Abdullah has said that the Ibrahim Nasir International Airport leased to GMR Infrastructure by the former government will be reclaimed back on 7 February 2013. He said that it will be a day of happiness and freedom for the people of Maldives.
Sheikh Imran made this remark speaking at the press conference held by the 13 member steering committee of the government coalition of parties.
Sheikh Imran said that the coalition has formed two committees to hold activities to reclaim the airport. He said that the two committees formed are the media and promotion committee and the fund raising committee. He said that the work will be continued by these committees.
Adhaalath Party president added that the mass symposium earlier scheduled for November 3 is now postponed to November 9. He said that the symposium was postponed because there is a lot of work and activities scheduled.
In yesterday’s meeting of the steering committee, the members urged for the joint cooperation of all relevant parties and the people. They requested for monetary aid and also urged more people to partake in the activities.