- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Airport will be reclaimed and 7 Feb 2013 will be a happy day for Maldives- Sheikh Imran
President of the Adhaalath Party, Sheikh Imran Abdullah has said that the Ibrahim Nasir International Airport leased to GMR Infrastructure by the former government will be reclaimed back on 7 February 2013. He said that it will be a day of happiness and freedom for the people of Maldives.
Sheikh Imran made this remark speaking at the press conference held by the 13 member steering committee of the government coalition of parties.
Sheikh Imran said that the coalition has formed two committees to hold activities to reclaim the airport. He said that the two committees formed are the media and promotion committee and the fund raising committee. He said that the work will be continued by these committees.
Adhaalath Party president added that the mass symposium earlier scheduled for November 3 is now postponed to November 9. He said that the symposium was postponed because there is a lot of work and activities scheduled.
In yesterday’s meeting of the steering committee, the members urged for the joint cooperation of all relevant parties and the people. They requested for monetary aid and also urged more people to partake in the activities.