- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
A coup was the result of the corrupt justice system- Nasheed
-No matter how great the stampede we can confront Police
Former President Mohamed Nasheed has said that his government was toppled in a coup on February this year because of his government not exercising efficient efforts to amend the judiciary.
Speaking at the public rally of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) held at Usfasgandu, Nasheed said that his government’s fall and that it is how it works but however that he will return again. Nasheed said that he will also return back to the campaign tour of his party.
In view of his recent arrest by the Police while he was at Faresmathoda, Nasheed said that no matter how great the stampede is MDP can confront the police but MDP is not out in the streets for that purpose.
Nasheed said that the Police and the military sometimes act harsh because of the commands of their leaders. He said that there still exists officers who are genuine for the nation and have the national spirit. He said many of the Police and the military tell him that they will give him their votes in the Presidential Election of next year.
In view of the arrest Nasheed said that he wanted to get a photograph of how the Police conducts their arrests. He said that he has got the photographs which show the harsh tactics of the Police against the people.