- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
A coup was the result of the corrupt justice system- Nasheed
-No matter how great the stampede we can confront Police
Former President Mohamed Nasheed has said that his government was toppled in a coup on February this year because of his government not exercising efficient efforts to amend the judiciary.
Speaking at the public rally of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) held at Usfasgandu, Nasheed said that his government’s fall and that it is how it works but however that he will return again. Nasheed said that he will also return back to the campaign tour of his party.
In view of his recent arrest by the Police while he was at Faresmathoda, Nasheed said that no matter how great the stampede is MDP can confront the police but MDP is not out in the streets for that purpose.
Nasheed said that the Police and the military sometimes act harsh because of the commands of their leaders. He said that there still exists officers who are genuine for the nation and have the national spirit. He said many of the Police and the military tell him that they will give him their votes in the Presidential Election of next year.
In view of the arrest Nasheed said that he wanted to get a photograph of how the Police conducts their arrests. He said that he has got the photographs which show the harsh tactics of the Police against the people.