- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
US Presidential Elections is not held at Usfasgandu- Alhan
Feydhoo constituency MP Alhan Fahmy has said that one of the most developed country in the world, United States of America is currently holding their Presidential Elections and they are not holding it by camping at Usfasgandu.
Alhan Fahmy made this remark at the ceremony held at M. Kunooz to inaugurate the campaign of the Presidential candidate of Jumhooree Party. He said that when a man’s return back to the state of a toddler, then such a person will be considered to be a mad man. Likewise, he said that the democracy that was brought to Maldives after much sacrifice and hardwork is now not at its infant stage so today everything should be carried out democratically.
Alhan said that causing unrest in the streets by using democracy as a guise will only bring harm and difficulty for the people. He said that the people now do not believe that it is democracy to consider the most shameless person to be regarded as the most democratic leader.
The Feydhoo constituency MP also said that political leaders should emulate best manners and should be a role model for the people. And he added that the political leaders should always make decisions and take actions after responsibly considering everything by all angles. He said that the political leaders will only be accepted as role models when they all work together and cooperate on striving to restore peace and stability and halt all unrest.
Alhan said that Gasim Ibrahim has been exemplary in this and holds onto the democratic principles and values. He said that Gasim has been at the forefront of those who strived hard and sacrificed a lot to establish democracy in the Maldives.
“I say this because the time when work was on stipulating the Green constitution, it was much a difficult time then now. The Majlis faced much more obstructions and challenges then. But it was Gasim Ibrahim who chaired and continued the Majlis sessions tirelessly. The Majlis sessions was not terminated. There are many examples that can be mentioned,” he said.
Alhan said that it is not the policy of the Jumhooree Party to cause unrest by giving drugs to some wasted youth who abuse drugs. However, Jumhooree Party will work on to build capable youth and cultivate them with righteous manners.