- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Thasmeen’s talks regarding GMR issue are lies- Govt
The government has accused the leader of Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) Ahmed Thasmeen Ali of lying regarding the issue of annulling the agreement of the government with GMR.
Press Secretary Abbas Adil Riza said that Thasmeen’s claim that the President Dr. Mohamed Waheed has decided on the GMR agreement issue is false and baseless.
Abbas said that the letter sent by the President to the political parties regarding the issue is not a letter sent to inform them of his decision but was sent to inform them of the details of the costs on the GMR project and the harms to the state because of it. He said that the President sent this letter at the request of the political parties during his meeting with them on September 13.
Abbas said that the letter did not state that the government has to pay 700 US dollars to the government despite the claims of Thasmeen. He said that Thasmeen is giving false information regarding the letter distorting the reality of the content of the letter.
Abbas noted that DRP is the only party which has not informed of their decision regarding the matter to the government.