- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
Thasmeen’s talks regarding GMR issue are lies- Govt
The government has accused the leader of Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) Ahmed Thasmeen Ali of lying regarding the issue of annulling the agreement of the government with GMR.
Press Secretary Abbas Adil Riza said that Thasmeen’s claim that the President Dr. Mohamed Waheed has decided on the GMR agreement issue is false and baseless.
Abbas said that the letter sent by the President to the political parties regarding the issue is not a letter sent to inform them of his decision but was sent to inform them of the details of the costs on the GMR project and the harms to the state because of it. He said that the President sent this letter at the request of the political parties during his meeting with them on September 13.
Abbas said that the letter did not state that the government has to pay 700 US dollars to the government despite the claims of Thasmeen. He said that Thasmeen is giving false information regarding the letter distorting the reality of the content of the letter.
Abbas noted that DRP is the only party which has not informed of their decision regarding the matter to the government.