- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
President ready to work with MDP
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has said that the most important public service schemes initiated by the previous government would not be stopped, and that he was ready to work with the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP).
The president made this remark yesterday during his meeting with the people of Kolamaafushi of Gaafu Alifu Atoll.
In his address to the people of Kolamaafushi, the President stressed the importance of maintaining good relations among one another, and not humiliate each other, which would be damaging to the whole society.
Highlighting that the presidential election will be held next year, as per the democratic system in the Maldives, the President appealed to everyone to work together in attaining progress for the country.
President Waheed said that for the Maldives to progress, we need to put aside those conflicts among us, and consider the national interest as our own personal interest. The President also said that we needed to work with the right kind of determination to move forward with the country and achieve our developmental goals.