- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
President ready to work with MDP
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has said that the most important public service schemes initiated by the previous government would not be stopped, and that he was ready to work with the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP).
The president made this remark yesterday during his meeting with the people of Kolamaafushi of Gaafu Alifu Atoll.
In his address to the people of Kolamaafushi, the President stressed the importance of maintaining good relations among one another, and not humiliate each other, which would be damaging to the whole society.
Highlighting that the presidential election will be held next year, as per the democratic system in the Maldives, the President appealed to everyone to work together in attaining progress for the country.
President Waheed said that for the Maldives to progress, we need to put aside those conflicts among us, and consider the national interest as our own personal interest. The President also said that we needed to work with the right kind of determination to move forward with the country and achieve our developmental goals.