- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
President expresses appreciation for China’s immense contributions to development of Maldives
Noting that this year marks the 40th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the Maldives and China, the President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik has expressed his appreciation for China’s immense and numerous contributions to the social, cultural and economic development of Maldives.
President Dr Waheed made this remark yesterday while delivering a speech at the opening ceremony of China-Eurasia Expo and China-Eurasia Economy Development and Cooperation Forum.
In his speech, the President said that it was an honour for him to be at the opening ceremony of the 2nd China-Eurasia Expo and the 2nd China-Eurasia Economy Development and Cooperation Forum. He also conveyed to the government and the people of Xinjiang, warm greetings and good wishes on his own behalf, and on behalf of the government and people of the Maldives.
Highlighting China’s achievements and accomplishments in the past 60 years, the President said that China continues to make great strides in the various facets of its development, and that it had become an outstanding example of the good international citizen.
President Waheed further underlined that trade and investment flows have continued to increase between the Maldives and China, and expressed his gratitude to China for her role as an enduring and supportive partner of the Maldives. The President also conveyed his confidence that the traditional bonds of friendship and cooperation between the two countries would continue to grow and expand in the years to come.
As part of his current visit to China, President Waheed visited a historical museum in the Xinjiang province yesterday morning.