- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
President and First Lady attend Ozone Day functions
President Dr Mohamed Waheed and First Lady Madam Ilham Hussain attended the function held this afternoon to commemorate this year’s Ozone Day.
The event which was held at the Republic Square this afternoon began with 25 school children swimming from the island of Funadhoo to the Official Jetty of Male’.
Following the swimming event, some recreational activities were held at the Republic Square. The President and the First Lady visited some informative stalls setup at the function.
The Ozone Secretariat conferred a commemorative plaque to the Maldives on the occasion of this year’s Ozone Day. The plaque was received by the President.
President Dr Mohamed Waheed presented certificates to the students who took part in the swimming event held yesterday. He also awarded certificates and prizes to the winners of the Ozone Day essay competition held among school children.