- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
President and First Lady attend Ozone Day functions
President Dr Mohamed Waheed and First Lady Madam Ilham Hussain attended the function held this afternoon to commemorate this year’s Ozone Day.
The event which was held at the Republic Square this afternoon began with 25 school children swimming from the island of Funadhoo to the Official Jetty of Male’.
Following the swimming event, some recreational activities were held at the Republic Square. The President and the First Lady visited some informative stalls setup at the function.
The Ozone Secretariat conferred a commemorative plaque to the Maldives on the occasion of this year’s Ozone Day. The plaque was received by the President.
President Dr Mohamed Waheed presented certificates to the students who took part in the swimming event held yesterday. He also awarded certificates and prizes to the winners of the Ozone Day essay competition held among school children.