- Sri Lanka, India and Maldives take part in trilateral maritime exercise
- Shelters to be built in Hulhule’ ferry service area
- SAARC Secretary General Saleem calls on the President
- It is not permissible for Muslims to enter temples, churches and synagogues- Fiqh Academy
- Wide variety of programs for the youth to be commenced- Maleeh
- Budget problems will be solved when the authorities are made accountable for state expenses- Amir
- Ali Hameed underscores importance of increasing the state reserve
- Japan grants aid of 200 million Yen to Maldives
- Germany grants 3 million Euro project to support for climate neutrality strategy of the Maldives
- President Yameen and First Lady accept invitation for an official visit to Japan
- Postage Stamp Museum inaugurated
- We will seek out drug dealers from which ever country they hide- Home Minister
- Govt wants to reduce taxi fares- Minister
PPM warns on leaving the govt if a decision on GMR issue is delayed
Interim Vice President of the Progressive Party of the Maldives (PPM) Umar Naseer has warned of leaving the government coalition of parties if the government delays making a final decision on annulling the agreement between the GMR.
Umar Naseer said that PPM seeks to conclude the issue by reclaiming the Airport to the Maldives immediately. He said that the PPM will openly reject anything done to delay the decision on the GMR issue.
Umar Naseer said that PPM is ready to meet the GMR officials whenever the company calls for it. He said that the party will not step back from meeting and holding discussions with any people.
The Interim Vice President of the PPM criticized the DRP for their stance on the issue. He said that Thasmeen signed the petition against the GMR agreement on 26 June 2010 only after when the four opposition parties then compelled him to do so.
Umar Naseer said that Thasmeen should be ashamed of claiming now that he rejected the agreement during that time when Thasmeen had no role in the petition signed by the four parties against the GMR issue.
“Mahloof and I did all the work on this agreement of the parties. We were supported by Gasim Ibrahim and Dr. Hassan Saeed throughout the process. As for Thasmeen, he had no role in it,” he said.
Umar Naseer said that the only solution to the problem is the government to annul the agreement and if any people have anything against such a decision then they can go to the courts of law. He added that this is how it is done in other countries of the world.