- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
PPM warns on leaving the govt if a decision on GMR issue is delayed
Interim Vice President of the Progressive Party of the Maldives (PPM) Umar Naseer has warned of leaving the government coalition of parties if the government delays making a final decision on annulling the agreement between the GMR.
Umar Naseer said that PPM seeks to conclude the issue by reclaiming the Airport to the Maldives immediately. He said that the PPM will openly reject anything done to delay the decision on the GMR issue.
Umar Naseer said that PPM is ready to meet the GMR officials whenever the company calls for it. He said that the party will not step back from meeting and holding discussions with any people.
The Interim Vice President of the PPM criticized the DRP for their stance on the issue. He said that Thasmeen signed the petition against the GMR agreement on 26 June 2010 only after when the four opposition parties then compelled him to do so.
Umar Naseer said that Thasmeen should be ashamed of claiming now that he rejected the agreement during that time when Thasmeen had no role in the petition signed by the four parties against the GMR issue.
“Mahloof and I did all the work on this agreement of the parties. We were supported by Gasim Ibrahim and Dr. Hassan Saeed throughout the process. As for Thasmeen, he had no role in it,” he said.
Umar Naseer said that the only solution to the problem is the government to annul the agreement and if any people have anything against such a decision then they can go to the courts of law. He added that this is how it is done in other countries of the world.