- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Power is not granted by charging another of crimes- Nasheed
Former President Mohamed Nasheed has said that power is not something that is granted by charging the opponent with crimes but rather power and authority are granted by God.
Former President Nasheed made this remark at the public rally of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) at Usfasgandu. In view of his trial over the accusations of crimes committed during his presidency, Nasheed said that he wants the court to expedite the trial.
Nasheed said that this trial will be an opportunity for the reform of the courts of law and the judiciary of the Maldives. He said that this trial will get the attention of the international community on the justice system of the Maldives. He also said that he does not believe that his trial can be concluded by the court.
Nasheed also said that he is not the least worried over the court case. He said that this will expose the true nature of the Maldivian courts which are lacking proper administration and are run under undue influence.
He said that it was MDP who established the current government on 2008 but the state of the affairs of the government is now questionable. He said that it is doubtful that any political decision can be made without getting an answer for it.
Nasheed expressed concern accusing the President Dr. Mohamed of being ambiguous in his statements and speaking without proper knowledge of some affairs. He said that he will contest in the 2013 presidential elections and will win the elections.
Nasheed also said that no country has accepted the accepts the report of the Commission of National Inquiry Commission (CoNI) established by President Dr. Mohamed Waheed to investigate the events that lead to the transfer of power on 7th February 2012.