- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Peoples needs cannot be fulfilled in a disunited society- Shahid
Speaker of the Peoples Majlis Abdullah Shahid has said that if the Maldivian people are politically disunited their needs cannot be fully achieved.
Speaker Shahid made this remark speaking at a public rally of Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) at Shaviyani Atoll Kanditheemu. He said that there is a lot of issues to be rectified such as in the Educational Sector and Health Sector.
Shahid noted that there are complaints raised regarding the lack of Doctors and medical facilities even under the Aasandha Health Scheme.
The Speaker said that social justice can be established only by uniting the people. Underscoring the importance of unity he said that DRP’s main aim is to achieve this. He added that it is for this reason that the members of DRP are still united as one.
DRP leader Ahmed Thasmeen Ali also gave an address to the members of DRP during the event. He criticized the former government for releasing dangerous convicts to the society thereby causing many social problems.