- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
Peoples needs cannot be fulfilled in a disunited society- Shahid
Speaker of the Peoples Majlis Abdullah Shahid has said that if the Maldivian people are politically disunited their needs cannot be fully achieved.
Speaker Shahid made this remark speaking at a public rally of Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) at Shaviyani Atoll Kanditheemu. He said that there is a lot of issues to be rectified such as in the Educational Sector and Health Sector.
Shahid noted that there are complaints raised regarding the lack of Doctors and medical facilities even under the Aasandha Health Scheme.
The Speaker said that social justice can be established only by uniting the people. Underscoring the importance of unity he said that DRP’s main aim is to achieve this. He added that it is for this reason that the members of DRP are still united as one.
DRP leader Ahmed Thasmeen Ali also gave an address to the members of DRP during the event. He criticized the former government for releasing dangerous convicts to the society thereby causing many social problems.