- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
No opportunity will be given to divide the people by threatening their Islamic faith- President
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed has said that no opportunity will be given to anyone or any group to divide the people by threatening their Islamic faith. He made this statement while speaking at the official function held yesterday morning at Islamic Centre, to launch the National Defense and National Protection Policies.
The President proclaimed the National Defense Policy as being the main axis of civil protection, upon which the Government shall align its efforts to ensure the safety of its citizenry.
President Dr. Waheed also pointed out the twinned foundations of Islam and National Unity, as being the bedrock of the National Defense Policy. Further, he added that from this day onwards, Maldivians would enjoy the legal space for mobilizing and planning their own defense resources as guaranteed by the recently-established Defense Policy.
In his speech, the President called on all governmental bodies to respect the institutionalized embodiments of civil protection, wherein contained are also important policies which protect individual, social and economic freedoms, and promote environmental conservation in conjunction with strategies for sustainable development.
Speaking at the function, the President mentioned that civil protection was not an exclusive function restricted to the mandates of a few institutions. In this regard, he highlighted the importance of sharing common objectives, so as to facilitate adherence to a well-determined course of action.
At yesterday’s function, the President performed the honour of launching the Official Website of Ministry of Defense and National Security.