- Pest control operation in Dh. Kudahuvadhoo
- 2 apprehended and 1 being sought in relation to case of assault
- Police delegation returns from training with the FBI
- President Waheed reaffirms commitment to improve the standard of IGMH
- Police help rescue Snorkeler who went missing
- EU Ambassador pays farewell call on President Waheed
- President’s Office directs all govt offices to participate winners of national Quran competitions at official functions
- 23rd Session of the Human Rights Council concludes in Geneva
- JP congress to be held on July 10
- AK underscores the importance of more people joining to get economic freedom
- Home Ministry requests all to refrain from painting public areas in political colours
- Police begins eradicating graffiti from the walls of Male’ City
- Individual found dead in Bilehdhoo
No opportunity will be given to divide the people by threatening their Islamic faith- President
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed has said that no opportunity will be given to anyone or any group to divide the people by threatening their Islamic faith. He made this statement while speaking at the official function held yesterday morning at Islamic Centre, to launch the National Defense and National Protection Policies.
The President proclaimed the National Defense Policy as being the main axis of civil protection, upon which the Government shall align its efforts to ensure the safety of its citizenry.
President Dr. Waheed also pointed out the twinned foundations of Islam and National Unity, as being the bedrock of the National Defense Policy. Further, he added that from this day onwards, Maldivians would enjoy the legal space for mobilizing and planning their own defense resources as guaranteed by the recently-established Defense Policy.
In his speech, the President called on all governmental bodies to respect the institutionalized embodiments of civil protection, wherein contained are also important policies which protect individual, social and economic freedoms, and promote environmental conservation in conjunction with strategies for sustainable development.
Speaking at the function, the President mentioned that civil protection was not an exclusive function restricted to the mandates of a few institutions. In this regard, he highlighted the importance of sharing common objectives, so as to facilitate adherence to a well-determined course of action.
At yesterday’s function, the President performed the honour of launching the Official Website of Ministry of Defense and National Security.