- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
No information received on any terrorist groups – Immigration
Department of Immigration and Emigration has stated that they have received no information on any terrorist groups immigrating to Maldives.
Controller of Immigration and Emigration Dr. Mohamed Ali told Miadhu Daily at the press conference held after the meeting between South Asian Immigration Controllers in Bandos Island yesterday that no terrorist groups have entered Maldives in his watch but however it is known that Taliban representatives came to hold a meeting during the former government. He said that they were able to enter Maldives only with the permission of the former government.
Dr. Mohamed Ali said that intelligence authorities and the Emigration authorities have been informing the Department of Immigration and Emigration regarding the routes of terrorist groups and how they enter countries. However, he noted that the department has so far not received any information regarding the entering of any such groups to Maldives.
Dr. Mohamed Ali said that information received regarding people from African countries, such as Nigeria, trying to illegally enter Maldives is a concern. He said that it is worrying that some people are being smuggled to Europe through Maldives.
In view of the meeting of the Asian Immigration Controllers in Bandos Island yesterday, Dr. Mohamed Ali said that the meeting was held in a friendly environment. He said that the discussions held regarding the establishment of a immigration network between South Asian countries will be very beneficial for Maldives.