- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Nasheed is the biggest threat to Tourism Industry- Adeeb
Minister of Tourism Ahmed Adeeb has said that the former President Mohamed Nasheed is the biggest threat to the tourism industry of the Maldives.
Noting that former President Nasheed has been campaigning against the tourism industry of Maldives locally and internationally, Minister Adeeb said that the main objective of the Ministry since his appointment as the Minister has been to recover the damages done to the industry by the former government and making the tourism plans of the government successful.
The Minister said that the government have been very successful so far in recovering the trust of the foreign investors which was damaged because of the many irresponsible activities of former President Nasheed.
Adeeb said that the government’s aim is to expedite development projects and further develop the tourism industry.
Adeeb said that it is saddening that some people are still embarked on damaging the tourism industry even after the government striving for the progress of the country.
He said that many challenges are being faced by the country in developing the tourism industry because of the irresponsible rhetoric of former President Nasheed against the tourism industry.