- Japan grants aid of 200 million Yen to Maldives
- Germany grants 3 million Euro project to support for climate neutrality strategy of the Maldives
- President Yameen and First Lady accept invitation for an official visit to Japan
- Postage Stamp Museum inaugurated
- We will seek out drug dealers from which ever country they hide- Home Minister
- Govt wants to reduce taxi fares- Minister
- MDP halted issuing of reports exposing corruption- Riyaz
- Vice President calls for greater private sector engagement for effective health care delivery
- An individual suspected of being involved in large scale drug trafficking arrested
- President highlights bilateral cooperation between Maldives and Japan
- Shifag underscores importance of strengthening JP to achieve international success
- We will make our services agreeable for the people – Islamic Minister
- Kidney diseases and cancer treatments to be provided from the islands- Dr. Shakeela
Nasheed is the biggest threat to Tourism Industry- Adeeb
Minister of Tourism Ahmed Adeeb has said that the former President Mohamed Nasheed is the biggest threat to the tourism industry of the Maldives.
Noting that former President Nasheed has been campaigning against the tourism industry of Maldives locally and internationally, Minister Adeeb said that the main objective of the Ministry since his appointment as the Minister has been to recover the damages done to the industry by the former government and making the tourism plans of the government successful.
The Minister said that the government have been very successful so far in recovering the trust of the foreign investors which was damaged because of the many irresponsible activities of former President Nasheed.
Adeeb said that the government’s aim is to expedite development projects and further develop the tourism industry.
Adeeb said that it is saddening that some people are still embarked on damaging the tourism industry even after the government striving for the progress of the country.
He said that many challenges are being faced by the country in developing the tourism industry because of the irresponsible rhetoric of former President Nasheed against the tourism industry.